ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Initiative of the Week: The Effect of Self Efficacy and Verbal Persuasion on Performance
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Research Initiative of the Week: The Effect of Self Efficacy and Verbal Persuasion on Performance

[ QUOTE ]

In a bodybuilding related story, Skip LaCour never thought he could get shredded glutes until he heard of another natural bodybuilder who had achieved that condition. Now, he never even saw this bodybuilder or learned his name, but simply believing that it was possible allowed him to go to the next level. Now he doesn't even consider himself ready for a show without shredded glutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! That is a form of modeling. Results show modeling is most effective when you model someone who is similar to you, and get to watch the model go through the learning process. So that is a great example!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm getting to be all about positive thinking these days.
As Earl Nightingale said, "We become what we think about." In his audio tape he quotes a doctor who said, "If you think in positive terms you achieve positive results." I'm believing this more and more. Right now I am making my way through Personal Power II.

You know what has really helped my workouts out? I pray before every set, either in my mind or under my breath. I usually cross my heart right before starting the set. I pray that God will keep me safe, focused, allow me to take the set to absolute failure, and keep the stimulation in the intended muscle group. I offer my hard work to the Lord and pray that I bring him Glory through my body and effot. Mentally it focuses me and I feel safer and more confident after a short talk with God.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.