ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Initiative of the Week: The Effect of Self Efficacy and Verbal Persuasion on Performance
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Research Initiative of the Week: The Effect of Self Efficacy and Verbal Persuasion on Performance

Awesome Venom!

Indeed there are many scriptures that back up the science of positive thinking, and positive expression.

It starts with our thinking and as you said, casting out vain thoughs:

<font color="blue">Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. </font>

Correct thinking will put our faith in action and cause us to believe that which is not seen.

<font color="green"> 2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight </font>

<font color="brown"> 1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for. </font>

Just like Abraham, God told him he would have a child of his own, even though it was impossible biologically.

Abraham had righteousness imputed on him because he believed God's promise:

<font color="green"> 1After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

5And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

6And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
</font>

Goal setting is the process of planning a vision.

The first step to real goal setting is envisioning your vision!

A vision is something you see by faith. Faith is not some mysterious thing that you have to fast 40 days to attain.

We all have faith. You drive your car everyday, and accept by faith all the parts will work. You sat in your computer chair without checking to see if it would break first. You believed by faith it was sturdy enough to hold you up. You drank you protein shake without analyzing it for poision, and the list goes on and on. We all do things by faith daily, without doubt, because we believe things will work even if we have no idea how they will work.

God just wants us to do the same thing. We don't have to know how He works, just believe that He will do what He says.

So first envision your vision.

If you want to work with 150lb dumbbells sit down relax and envision yourself pressing the 150lbers.

If you are injured, envision yourself doing an exercise that is currently impossible due to your injury.

If you are looking to gain mass, envision yourself posing in a mirror, bigger and more muscular.

Do this every night before bed for 10 minutes.

This will confirm your ability to believe your vision.

Acting on that belief is faith. Faith is a verb!

Next, Meditate on your faith...

We all know how to meditate...if you know how to worry, you know how to meditate. However worry is just meditating on the negative! Reverse it and your mentality will be that of a champion instead of a loser.

Another thing is writing down the vision (goal setting) as Venom has been emphasizing.

<font color="green">And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may be able to read it easily and quickly as he hastens by. 3For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end fulfillment; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait earnestly for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day. Habakkuk 2:2-3 AMP.
</font>

If we believe it and can see our goals by faith, we can achieve them!

<font color="blue"> Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
</font>

<font color="red"> 13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. </font> (my favorite verse)

<font color="green"> 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. </font>