ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Question of the Week: A Comprehensive Discussion on Diet Induced Thermogenesis
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:31 AM
stillflabby should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: A Comprehensive Discussion on Diet Induced Thermogenesis

[ QUOTE ]

Hi

I have heard that it can, but I am not sure by how much. This is a great idea to investigate, though! Thanks. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, glad to help.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to trick your body into higher DIT? Maybe certain combinations of foods, or certain times of the day.

From what you said I get:

Protein = Highest DIT
Carbs = Medium DIT
Fat = Lowest DIT

But you also said some Fats elicit higher DIT than others. Is this true of the other macros? I'm "guessing" the more complex and difficult to digest, the higher DIT. Would this be a fair assumption?

If so, are there certain fats that elicit higher DIT than certain carbs?

I think it would be awesome to plan the types of food based on DIT through out the day in conjuction with insulin sensitivity.

I'm thinking meals might go something like:
Lower DIT for Meal 1, PWO meal, and pre-bed meal (pre bed so you don't burn up on the calories more quickly while fasting at night).
Other meals would be higher DIT.

Yet another question.
Let's say you have protein highest DIT and fat, lowest DIT.
Would the presence of the fat lower overall DIT when consumed with protein? Or would it have a slight cumulitive effect?

Sorry for all the questions, but this has my mind racing.
I think I'm done...for now.

My Journal