ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Question of the Week: A Comprehensive Discussion on Diet Induced Thermogenesis
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: A Comprehensive Discussion on Diet Induced Thermogenesis

Hi, Trillian [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't really understand insulin sensitivity real well... why is it important to increse its sensitivity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this post,
here.

Tell me if you have any more questions on insulin sensitivity after reading that. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

If I had an unbalanced meal of only oatmaeal and the DIT was 10%.... would it still be 10% if you had oats and tuna? Or 20%? And what if you also had a Tbsp of flax oil? Is the percentage always 10% no matter what you eat?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!

I was giving typical percentages for your entire diet. I.E. if you metabolize 3000 calories in a day, typically, 10% of that will come from DIT. However, this can greatly vary depending on the type of foods you eat.

As stated, proteins and carbs have much higher DITs than fats. The situation gets even more complicated, when considering that certain fats have higher DITs than others. So this is what I am trying to investigate. What foods optimize DIT.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.