ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Grimm932 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet

thanks so much for your response Venom, I appreciate you taking time to share your knowledge. Some follow up questions regarding the coconut oil:

Is there any specific brand of coconut oil you recommend? I have noticed some are classified "virgin" and some "extra-virgin". Does it matter which one I take? Also would I consume coconut oil in one of my protein/fat meals (towards the end of the day) substuiting another fat source (such as walnuts or flax oil) with the coconut oil? Or would I have have it earlier in the day in one of my protien/carb meals and replace brown rice or oats with the coconut oil? Also, should I just consume it by itself (like flax oil) or can I actually use it to cook/bake/etc.? Also does coconut milk offer the same benifits as the oil? Sorry for the barrage of questions and thanks again for your help.

OldSchool, I would really like to hear about your experiences with adding sources of saturated fats in your diet. What specific sources (and what amounts) did you use? What benefits did you feel it provided to your bulk? And also I would love to hear what other information and knowledge you posses regarding this topic. thanks a lot!