ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - P90X: a scam or the real deal?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 10:28 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: P90X: a scam or the real deal?

Ok, first, I have used this program as well as other beachbody products.

Notice that on P90X they are developing a workout based on:

1)Not training full body but each body part on a separate day.

2)If you look at the breakdown, there are a LOT of better splits here at ABC but for phase 1:

Chest & Back
Delts and Arms
Legs and Back

In terms of the cardio, the plyometrics is intense and high impact *I have used it, several times* but you could design a better customized program.

Kenpo X is OK but notice that these workouts are designed so that your cardio fits into the fat burning program. Needless to say, if you are a bodybuilder, and here at ABC, you already know all the basic moves in this program and more and are better off with the 13 week diet and the 13 week workout.

I like the AB ripper X, I think it is great for variety on your abs training since it combines pilates with ab exercises, working all the core BUT again, you could create a better program on your own.

Still notice that they have the old approach here of reps...per goal..so they will tell you that to increase strenght go from 8-10 reps and for endurance, go from 12-15 reps.

I don't like their meals and menu options, eventhough you could make this at home.

Their recovery drink? OUR PWO shake is beyond that, since you calculate your numbers and your nutritional needs better met.

Concepts like supersetting same muscle, supersetting opposing muscles are used as shocking methods. There are is one combo for biceps that uses strip sets and a reverse pyramid but that's all. It is a watered-down version of introduction to bodybuilding for dummies.

On the diet, it follows a similar structure as carb cycling BUT...instead of being variable macros per day, they vary the macros per month. I personally do not like the last phase on 60% carbs, 10% protein and 30% fat..

If you have any more questions, please ask. I came to ABC from being a very active member at Beachbody.com from Power 90 to Slim in 6 Series to Power 90X. ABC is beyond Beachbody's dreams. Beachbody doesn't promote growing as athletes intellectually, since the methods behind their training techniques are not discussed, they have their own products *that are not necessary for success*

On a plus side, they encourage creatine, as well as whey..but then again, they still have people eating 40/30/30.

I already knew all the basics behind the training. My progress would have been greater if I had found ABC first but..at least I found it!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)