ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - P90X: a scam or the real deal?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Njari should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default P90X: a scam or the real deal?

So my brother-in-law is getting ready to start this program called "P90X," and I was inititially sceptical. (It is sold here and the parent company is "Beach Body.")

My hesitation was simply that it was an "all-in-one" plan marketed to desparate everyman joe, all for the low low price of $150 (if unsatisfied, you can keep the free gift! Woo hoo!).

I've never taken infomertials very seriously.

However, now that I've looked into the plan, it looks reasonable. The workouts are done at home, so I doubt that my 'bro will be pushing some serious iron, but at least it uses lots of compound lifts (chin-ups/dumbbell presses/etc...). I hve no idea what they'll do for a leg workout. I know that the diet is VERY tightly controlled, as is the cardio. Supplements are sold on the site, and they apper to be over-priced and very vague about what your getting (a red flag in my book).

So, has anyone had experience with this plan? I no longer think its a scam, but can anyone fill in some more details? He's anxious to learn, so I'm pointing him towards some of the best abc articles.