ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - not a female, but I just had to get this off my chest
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 03:32 PM
nicoledominique should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: not a female, but I just had to get this off my chest

[ QUOTE ]
Hearing that encourages me even more to keep lifting harder and heavier despite the girls in my gym who thinks 2 lbs. is heavy!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] At least they're there and hopefully they will get educated as time goes on.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm not a guy or anything but I think muscular arms on a women are amazing. When I see another woman walking around with very toned/muscular arms, I have an immediate admiration and respect for her. You automatically know that she works hard for her body, and I hold that in high regard as opposed to a woman who has skinny arms/upper body and an eating disorder. [ QUOTE ]

Anorexia is a serious disorder and I dont think you should be criticizing another human for their faults. It is hard to understand something you've never experienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not what I intended at all. I was referring to the girls/women out there who brag on a daily basis about how "little" they ate that day, and how "good" they were for doing so. I do not consider this a healthy mentality.

Please don't assume that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to eating disorders. I was very overweight as a teen, and had my own struggles with food/weight my whole life. I take pride in the fact that I got real with myself and began to take care of my body instead of punishing it.

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HR/H8/...HUHZRNTMEP.jpgL.M.B - ripped. My idol.