ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Okay, I need advice on dealing with this boyfriend dude o' mine...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Okay, I need advice on dealing with this boyfriend dude o\' mine...

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, he's 28. Our 'R' friend just got back to me and said he's been dating her for months and has been totally gaga over her and appaerntly forgot about me. Though I let it go on just 'cause I had no idea, he said he was busy and I trusted him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Paige, I don't know if you got to see my relationship series (not done yet, plan to add more parts), but I would start there.

It doesn't sound like he's a Christian, so I wouldn't even waste time getting too attached.

<font color="red"> 14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? </font>

Paul said that in an intimate relationship, you should not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.

Why? Well a yoke was a type of harness that was put around the neck of two bulls. The idea is they would work together as one unit, and therefore twice the power.

If one bull is weaker than the other, instead of working as one unit, the weaker bull will only slow the stronger one down.

Same with a relationship. God gives us a mate so that they can work together in His Kingdom.

<font color="blue"> Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. </font>

He is the One guiding us, like the farmer guides the bulls.

So what is sex then? Its a symbol of a covenant.

God always gives physical signs for a covenant. Communion is a sign of the blood covenant.

Sex is a sign of the covenant the man and woman have made before God and the church, to work together in God's Kingdom. It should be done often as communion should be done often, to keep the covenant strong.

If its done outside of a covenant, it becomes unprofitable and just a ritual, with no purpose. Like eating bread and juice without the revelation of what it represents.

Communion has the power to administer healing, both physically and spiritually. Not because the bread and juice possess any special properties, but because they are contact points, reminding us of God's covenant.

Sex too has healing properties in a marriage. But not because the act itself does anything, its the revelation of what it represents that heals.

The world desires that intimacy that sex within a covenant offers, but then reduces it to a cheap one night stand.

This union is to grow in such a way that the two actually become one flesh. How this occurs is a mystery. But when God is at the center, it becomes like a trinity.

God + Husband + Wife = One

So, sex outside of a covenant serves no purpose. I could go off, but I'll save it! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Its only to fulfill a fleshy desire, and its empty.

So you were right to not have sex with this guy.

He is not wanting to work with you in God's Kingdome, he is only working to get his flesh satisfied.