ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Mike's Daily Journal - Anyone Welcome
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 01:11 AM
mickey1601 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Mike\'s Journal

Thanks Tuf - this place is terrific as a learning resource. Can't wait to benefit from it.

Training

My 12 week program with BFL is up on April 4th. I would stick with that routine until then, except that I've really noticed that my body has adapted. So I decided to go ahead and switch over to the 12 week fat burner program on the site tonight as far as the workouts are concerned. Nutrition stays as is. Tonight I decided to try and burn up my legs.

Squats
10 @ 140 lb.
8 @ 160
6 @ 180

Quad Extensions
10 @ 50
10 @ 70
10 @ 90

Lying Leg Curls
10 @ 50
8 @ 60
6 @ 70

Standing Calf Raises (single leg)
10 @ 20 lb. dumbbell
10 @ 30
8 @ 40
6 @ 50

I still feel like I need to up these weights ... my failure sets ended up going beyond what I had projected here in almost every movement. It's time to really start hitting my legs hard - they seem to to take anything I throw at them and its getting tougher to make them hurt.

Today's Nutrition

Had a tough start. Was required to shoot early morning video this morning and had to run out of the house at 5:30 a.m. to make the location on time. Forgot my food for the day. Feel free to bash, but this is the first time this has happened in literally two months now.

Breakfast - Myoplex shake (keep lots of these at work)
Mid-a.m. - forced to skip for work (!) - lots of water though
Lunch - Turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, olives on wheat, water
Mid-p.m. - Myoplex shake, more water
Dinner - 8 oz. sirloin steak, spinach, half bagel, vitamins (couldn't take em in the a.m.), water, creatine
Post workout - shake made with one scoop GNC vanilla protein, 2 tsp. oatmeal, 8oz. milk, 1 tablespoon natty pb

Stats

Starting weight: 287
Today's weight: 261
Starting BMI: 36.98
Current BMI: 33.50 (needs to be measured for accuracy)
Starting bicep: 14 in.
Current bicep: 16 in.