ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Andrew G.'s Journal (Preparing for Football)
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Andrew G. should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Andrew G.\'s Journal (Preparing for Football)

Ok, today was rather interesting, here goes:

I did a 5 minute warm up on the Eliptical, then some light stetching.

Squats
135 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 10
245 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 6

Ok, by here, my lower back was ON FIRE! It wasnt a joint pain, it felt as if my lower back muscles had a monstrous pump. I streched it out, but in only got worse... so I tried doing a light set of very deep squats. Oh yea, for those wondering, I dont use a belt, and I wont be any time soon.

135 x 10

By here it was getting ridiculous, I have never felt that kind of muscle "pain" before, it wasn't a bad pain, but your lower back is the foundation of your whole body, and unlike a chest or bicep pump, it prevented me from continuing. I had class at 9:00 am, and the gym is 3/4 a mile from my college, so I had to call it quits because it was already 8:00, and I had to shower and change. Had I another hour like I usually do, I would have probably waited the pain out, and continued on to Deadlifts.

I showered and got in the jacuzzi and positioned my lower back so the strongest jet was pulsing directly on my spine, I stretched out there, and the pain went away in about 5 minutes, and my lower back felt great, so it wasn't an injury, thank God!

Well I was dissatisfied with my workout, so I went back to the gym at 4:00 pm:

Warm up 3 minutes Eliptical, then on to deadlifts:

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 5
<font color="red">405 x 1 </font> <font color="blue">This is a personal record for me, I did this with no belt, and I ALMOST got 2 reps. I did this once about a year ago, at a lower bodyweight, but I was using a belt, and it was much harder then this time. </font>
315 x 5

Once again, my lower back was LIT UP! So I figured i'd proceed to good mornings to further the pain, and not give in this time [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good Mornings
45 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10
85 x 10
85 x 10

Well my back was lit up like a furnace, but I still had abs to do:

Sit Ups
BW x 20
BW x 15
BW x 10

Leg Lifts ss w/ Reverse Crunch's
BW x 10, 5
BW x 8, 5
BW x 8, 5

Cable Forward bends
150 x 25ish
150 x 25ish
150 x 25ish

Good Day, happy about the Deadlift! Still trying to figure out my squat weakness, because the deadlift is sooo much better a lift for me then the squat... maybe its my height?? I'll do some further investigation!

http://www.mcshane-enterprises.com/A...n/coananim.gif
Ed Coan! Amazing! 1003 pounds!