ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Dearheart's Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 08:07 AM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't reach failure this time [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] BUT I did increase the weight on each one quite a bit. I guess I needed to do even more. I am so suprised at how much I can lift! <font color="red">It's great you are getting stronger [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Since you are doing 3 sets you can certainly increase your weight till failure and increase your gains. I noticed you are carrying the same weight in your three sets, so I would recommend ascending/descending combinations. Are you familiar with that? It's something like this, lets take the deadlifts as as example. First set 90lb x12, then increase the weight a little bit and do another set but shorter, ie 96 x 10; finally increase the weight again for the last set like this, 100 x 8. That way you pogress without guessing.

So, let's say you felt fine with 100lb during this round, next time you might want to start a little heavier ie 96x 12, 100x10 and 110 x 8. Another option, assuming you felt fine with 96lb but 100lb was a little harder, then you might want to try something like this 96x12, 96x10 and 100x8 or include a drop set like this, 96x12, 100x as much reps as you can go, let say you could only do 8, then go back to 96 and complete the 2 you need for 10. Got it? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You'll be surprised how soon you can carry your heaviest weight just for warm up [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

deadlifts
60x6 warmup 90x6 96x6 96x6 (11 lb increase)
seated good mornings
80x6 80x6 80x6 (that's a 20 lb increase!)
one arm DB row
35x6 35x6 35x6
French Press
30x6 ditto ditto
Decline Extension
17.5x6 ditto ditto

I did a PWO shake... I don't know if I understood the concept right...

I have a protein powder mix so I used that and added regular sugar
<font color="red">This is fine just to start. As soon as you get your new whey protein, dextrose and maltodextrin, you'll make it perfect. Did you drink it immediately after you finished your workout? Did you drink it all at once or you sip it within the next 30-45 minutes as the article suggests? How did you feel? How long did you wait to have your next meal? </font>

Okay as to the nutrition side of things...

First - Large flake oatmeal is unprocessed, old fashioned oatmeal. nothing added to it ..100% rolled oats It's lower glycemic than quick oats.
<font color="red"> Great!! Then keep it for breakfast. </font>

that "shake" was simply 1 C Cottage cheese, 2 TB natty PB and 1% milk... put in a blender and mix.....
<font color="red">Oh, I see... I didn't understand it before. Sorry [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] This shake is not bad, depending what time of the day you have it. </font>

Okay, here's a menu.... I just copied it from my fitday entries...

Food Name Servings Cals Fat Carb Prot <font color="red"> Is there any way that next time you post your macros in Prot/Carb/Fat? Nothing bad with the order you are using, it's just easier to read macros in P/C/F for most of us here, cuz that the most used. </font>

Meal 1
Large Flake Oatmeal 0.66 cup 228 4 40 8
ProV60 0.5 serving 155 1 6 30
Flaxseed oil 1 tablespoon 120 14 0 0
<font color="red"> What is that ProV60? It's way too high in calories. I guess you'll get the Optimum Whey later, so in the meantime it might be ok. Did you drink it as soon as you woke up? That avoids catabolism, you know? Have you read the 13 weeks of fat burning - the diet? If you haven't I recommend you to do it, regardless you are not following that program. It has very important tips on how to avoid catabolism (which promotes fat storage and burns muscle). You'll understand my comments better when you read it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font>

Meal 2
Egg, whole, cooked, scrambled 2 large egg 203 15 3 14
Egg, white only, cooked 2 white 33 0 1 7
Salsa, red, cooked, not homemade 3 tablespoon 13 0 3 1
Mushrooms, raw 0.25 cup, pieces or slices 4 0 1 1
Broccoli, cooked, from fresh, fat not added in cooking 0.5 cup, flowerets 13 0 2 1
<font color="red">This meal looks a lot better than yesterday [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I however would increase 1 egg white and and decrease to 1 whole egg. The fats in the egg aren't good for you during a cut. If you need more fat here, add EFA oils. </font>

Meal 3
Carrots, raw 1 cup, strips or slices 52 0 12 1
Flaxseed oil 1 tablespoon 120 14 0 0
<font color="red">You need more protein here. Either add a meat/poultry/fish source here or low fat cottage cheese. How did you like the flaxseed oil? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I personally prefer to take a zillion of caps to match 1 tspoon, but think people like you are too brave to have it directly [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Meal 4
Chicken, breast 133 3 0 25
Beans, black, 0.5 cup 114 0 20 8
Salsa, 13 0 3 1
<font color="red">What time is it when you have this meal? If it's after midday then don't have the beans this late. Beans are complex carbs and you'll get better benefit by having them in an earlier meal when you are more catabolic. This late will instead make to store fat [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>

Meal 5
ProV60 1 serving 310 3 12 60
<font color="red"> I guess this is protein. If so, you need to add flaxseed oil here to improve the spare of protein. Add leafy greens here. </font>

Meal 6
Pork, tenderloin, braised 3 oz, 172 8 0 24
Asparagus 29 0 5 3
<font color="red">Good! Add EFA oils here, too. </font>

Meal 7 (PWO) and before bed.... not sure what to do with this one.
Cheese, cottage, lowfat (1-2% fat) 1 cup 164 2 6 28
<font color="red"> This one is good to start. Add EFA oils and leafy greens. </font>

Total Calories 1876 64 114 211
<font color="red"> What is your maintanance Calorie? Your current macros are 31% Prot / 24% Carb / 45% Fat. It's not bad. Let me know what is your maintanance ratio to help you better. Do you know how to do that? The method is explained in the 13 weeks of fat burning article. </font>

211g of protein is 1.5g of p/bodyweight <font color="red"> Good!</font>

I'm taking metformin for PCOS.... I may need to keep my calories at 2000 b/c it lowers my blood sugar.... <font color="red">Once you determine your maintainance calorie, it'll be easier to decide what to do. When do you notice your sugar goes lower? I'm confident this will improve as you increase the fat (as suggested above) and modify your PWO shake and your pre-bed meal. </font> I'm pretty close to 2000 so we'll see how i do. I've tried cutting my calories before and end up very sick and dizzy...etc.... <font color="red"> Read the article. A better solution is to cycle your carbs (not necessarily lower your cals). I'll help you with that later, we first need to stablish your maintainance and do the updates in your diet. Now, are you taking any of these supplements?: Multivitamin/multiminera caplet, vitamin C, calcium, chromium, CoEnzimy Q10 and ZMA. If not, then go shopping my friend because you need them.</font> gotta go to bed! sleep is another thing I need more of! <font color="red"> What do you mean? Are you having insomnia? Read the ZMA and the sleep articles (nutrition and workout sections). I recommend you to add ZMA to your diet. This is taken 30 minutes before going to bed and bassically makes you sleep deeper and get more energized for the next day. I started taking it this Tuesday and I'm loving it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Some people had told me I wouldn't see results until the second week, so I guess it's going to get better and better.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Well, it seems you have some more reading to do [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm glad you took my previous advise and modified your diet. It looked a lot better and will help you to improve your results. Thanks.

For your next update, please include the time you are having each meal [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Finally, include your PWO shake when you display your meals. Those calories count. Bye </font>