ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Dearheart's Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 12:59 PM
dearheart should change his/her status!

Default Dearheart\'s Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome

<font color="green"> </font> Well, I'm going to begin. I really like this idea since I journal in general already. I'll need to take some time and read what other's journal but I wanted to begin.

We've just had Thanksgiving here in Canada and I was determined not to gain weight and I did it! Actually some of my measurements when a smidge down! I'm loving it!

My husband and I are gearing up to start Body Rx again. Cycle 1 is focused on building strength so the sets and reps are short, but the pounds are heavy. (3 sets of 6 reps)
Going to failure. I will lift 4 days a week and add a day of cardio (not required on BRX).

The nutrition is 1g of protein per body weight, 30 g of fiber and 2 g carbs per body weight. The carbs are a maximum... i don't want to hit 288g of carbs each day. This time around I want to limit my fruit and get most of my fiber through legumes and veggies. I've read the article on hardcore fat burning cycle and I think brx is very close.

I am also going to stop the old fashioned peanut butter for awhile. it was the one thing I still held onto through Brx. I'm going to let it go for now. 11 weeks until Christmas and I want to have to get new clothes. :-)

This will be my routine:
Sunday -Rest
Monday - Chest &amp; Biceps
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday -Back &amp; Triceps
Thursday -Legs
Friday - Rest
Saturday -Shoulders and Abs

I will also be sure to warm up my shoulders and knees now (recovering from some strain) and I'd also like to continue doing my yoga stretching half hour morning and evening.

Mentally I feel I am ready. God has been taking me on a soul journey and He has given me some tools and insights into some of my weaknesses. he has shown me the pride of thinking I can eat whatever I want when I KNOW that because of PCOS my risks of heart disease, diabetes and cancer have all gone up. It is selfish of me to treat my body in such a way that could increase my risks of those things, thus leaving my wonderful husband and precious son behind.... or just leaving them with an unhealthy mom...not good... and not worth it. I am discovering some self-discipline in me. So much of this is mental. I am learning.... always learning.

Fitday Tracking

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"