ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Creatine (again!) Which one??
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 09:38 AM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Creatine (again!) Which one??

[ QUOTE ]
In general, you should cycle off creatine for 2-4 weeks before loading again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. People *used* to follow this rule of thumb, but I don't believe there's been any research to show the benefit of doing this. In fact, in ABC's Creatine article, they mention that many people nowadays are just "re-loading" every couple months, without ever going off of it.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">
: Do I need to Cycle Creatine?

A: My recommendation is to load for 5 days, followed by a 5-10 gram maintenance dosage for 4-6 weeks. Following this, there are two particular strategies:

1. You can take one to two weeks off and then start the cycle over. Many athletes attest to receiving a better results this way.

2. However, several athletes will never come off of it. They will load it for 5 days, maintain for a few weeks and then reload again. This is increasingly becoming the more popular method of usage.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of those people that use Strategy #2 - I do well on it 100% of the time (I don't see why you wouldn't). (Granted, if I were to stop lifting, I'd probably stop taking it, but as long as I'm lifting hardcore, I take it). And as the article suggests, I take 5-10g daily to maintain.