ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - I'm new.... info about me and a couple ??
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 07:49 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: I\'m new.... info about me and a couple ??

[ QUOTE ]
Hello there! I'm excited to be a part of this community! I've been doing Body Rx for about 6 months now. I've had to lay off the lifting for a few weeks due to sore shoulder and knee. I've started stretching and this has helped enormously. I hope to get back to it real soon.

<font color="brown"> welcome and i hope you feel better soon! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]</font>

Right now I'm just eating right and doing the stretching morning and evening. I'm looking to change up my routine though. I'm really interested in the exercise/stability ball. Does anyone use one in their workout? I'd like to continue to lift fairly heavy. I'd also like to continue working out at home as much as possible. my DH &amp; I go to the gym once a week to do leg workouts.

<font color="brown"> i use the stability ball for many ab exercises and a few chest (db flat bench press) and shoulder exercises (db overhead press). the ball is a good tool to use once in awhile as it will engage your stabilizer muscles.</font>

Are deadlifts hard to do at home? Are they hard on your back? I'm a little nervous about them. My DH and I workout together so he'd be there to spot me. I'm hoping to find some really good back exercises for home so we can keep the once a week trip to the gym for leg day.

<font color="brown"> deadlifts are not really 'hard'; they are taxing but in a good way. they are a GREAT exercise!! you just want to make sure you have the form down right before you start adding extra weight. ask you husband to watch your form for a week or two until you feel comfortable doing them. pullups and negative pullups are a good exercise you can do at home if you can install a pullup bar somewhere or hang off a tree or swingset. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] definitely take a look at the exercise tab above for more ideas! </font>

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]