ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - yo-yoing = slow metabolism
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 02:35 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: yo-yoing = slow metabolism

BTW, GREAT post Ender!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
mdr said:
I am just NOT doing well...i'm still working out--eating healthy, except for today (ALL afternoon) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
but...i can't stand getting fatter...i know this is not good, but i'm not feeling very "healthy" with my eating enough...i don't know...
when i'm good, i'm getting bad results? my metablism? i don't know. i always blame it on that, but i can't think of anything else?
i cant' stand where i'm at! and i've tried being so good-now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I've helped you as much as I could, even repeating myself in the process (as I read back over the thread). So my next question to you would be, did you actually take my advice and fix your diet? Cause if you will go back and look at what you were eating, it really lacked in fat and I advised you to increase your EFA's (fat). So what I'm trying to figure out here, is if you actually have taken all the advice given to you and stuck with it for 4-6 weeks to see any results. And the other thing I'm wondering about is if your thinking that you're getting fat isn't just "all in your head" or not. And I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm saying it cause I know that people with eating disorders have a very warped sense of how they see themselves, therefore you may THINK you are getting fatter but in reality you are not. And if you are agonizing over that darn scale then that is a problem as well, use the mirror and how your clothes fit to see progress, also get your bodyfat taken every 3 weeks if you can. I'm at a loss here as to how to help you further, I've given you all the help I can think of. The only thing I can say now is that you need to post your typical training week AND your diet once again and once again I will critique both for you as well as giving you suggestions and advice. Even better yet would be if you would start a journal in the Online Journal forum so I can see what you are doing each day and perhaps I will find things you are doing wrong. That is the best advice I can come up with for now. If you follow the advice and take up the suggestions given to you in this thread, you SHOULD be making some progress. Maybe you just think you're not, maybe you haven't given the changes enough time, or perhaps you have not changed your diet and training from what it was before when you said it wasn't working. You have to help us help you. Tell us exactly what you are doing diet and training wise and for how long. I honestly don't know what else to tell you that I haven't told you already.