ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Efficient Women's Leg Workout
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 07:15 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: your opinion please..

Hi NC! Your workout looks OK to me, but I'm always hesitant to comment on other people's routines because we're all so different. So I'll tell you what I do and you can go from there.

First, to answer your question about seated leg curls, yes, it's pretty much the same as the lying ones. You're working the same muscle, just in a slightly different way. So if you can't use the lying machine, don't worry about it. Does your gym have a standing leg curl machine? That would give you some variety.

As far as sets/reps go, I lift heavy and try to go to failure each time. Sometimes I'll underestimate myself and start too light then have to bump it up to get to failure. I start with a warmup set of 12-15 reps, and I do three working sets. On my working sets I pyramid the weight up so that I fail at around 10/8/6 on sets 1/2/3 consecutively. Sounds like you're doing something similar.

Another thing I do is change my routine up every 4-6 wks. That gives me enough time to get in a groove with a certain routine and get some good work done, and then the change shocks my muscles and stimulates additional growth (and keeps me from getting bored).

Hope that helps a bit. I'm sure others will jump in here too who are more knowledgeable than I!

And welcome to ABC by the way! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]