ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Things are moving the wrong way!!! Help!!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 01:14 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: An update!

[ QUOTE ]
lifterchick said:...
Krypto, I really started looking for hidden sugars in my diet and you were right about the Light Done Right. It's a low fat salad dressing but there are 8gm of sugar per serving. I also noticed while looking through YOUR fitday journal that you list your supplements in your calorie intake- that never occurred to me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]!!! Basically the only things I use (besides protein powder) are MVI and Vitamin C, but I use the chewable Vitamin C so I can have some whenever I have a really bad sweet tooth. Guess what??? They are 5 cals a tab (I sometimes eat a small handful at a time!) and the second ingredient is SUGAR[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]! I bet I easily eat 10 of those a day (well, I did up until today anyway). I'm replacing the Light Done Right with a balsamic vinaigrette made with half flax and half olive oil to work in some healthy fat and lose the sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! I'm glad I could help ya out there! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
...how you really can't start evaluating a diet until your metabolism is functioning at full throttle and it can't do that until you work your way up to the proper calorie level for a period of time. I know I'm rambling...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, I'm following. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What are the signs of a fast metabolism (other than losing weight, which is obviously not my problem)? I AM hungry every 2-3 hrs. like clockwork, sometimes even sooner if I've had a tough workout; I seem to sweat A LOT even at rest and especially if I'm eating something hot, and my GI tract is functioning quite well (I'll leave it at that) as long as I get enough water and veggies. Hmmm, it's a lot to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being hungry every 2-3 hours is a good sign that your metabolism is working properly, it has adjusted to your feeding it every few hours, that's great!

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should give myself another 2-3 weeks at 1800-1900 cals/ day and see where I am, sticking with the 13 week workout plan but adding an extra day or 2 of HIIT when I can separate it from weights by 8 hrs. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, that if you have just changed your caloric intake and you notice the scale has gone UP, that yes, you should give it another week or two at that new caloric level, wait to see if your weight levels off. Cause ideally, it will level off and you will start, or continue to see changes on your body via the mirror and the calipers. But... DON'T change your activity level just yet. Otherwise you are not going to be able to discern whether the diet is working or not, since it could be the extra training. Get the diet right first and foremost. Then we can tweak training from there. Make sense? Process of elimination here to find what works and what doesn't. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]