ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Things are moving the wrong way!!! Help!!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 10:22 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default An update!

Good morning everyone! Well, first of all let me say that I'm back down to 142 this morning, so maybe it was just some weird fluid thing and I happened to get on the scale on the wrong day, but I still haven't LOST anything which IS my goal, so I'm looking hard at my diet to figure out what the probs are.

Krypto, I really started looking for hidden sugars in my diet and you were right about the Light Done Right. It's a low fat salad dressing but there are 8gm of sugar per serving. I also noticed while looking through YOUR fitday journal that you list your supplements in your calorie intake- that never occurred to me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]!!! Basically the only things I use (besides protein powder) are MVI and Vitamin C, but I use the chewable Vitamin C so I can have some whenever I have a really bad sweet tooth. Guess what??? They are 5 cals a tab (I sometimes eat a small handful at a time!) and the second ingredient is SUGAR[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]! I bet I easily eat 10 of those a day (well, I did up until today anyway). I'm replacing the Light Done Right with a balsamic vinaigrette made with half flax and half olive oil to work in some healthy fat and lose the sugar.

Another thing I've been wondering about is my metabolism. Given my history of both bulimia and excessive cardio, I usually estimate my metabolism to be on the slow side, but how do you really know [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?? I'm thinking about this after reading Krypto's response to Bec in another thread about how you really can't start evaluating a diet until your metabolism is functioning at full throttle and it can't do that until you work your way up to the proper calorie level for a period of time. I know I'm rambling, but try to follow me here. One of the first responses I got (from afolov I think) was pointing out that in my fitday journal my intake vs. output was way off. According to fitday, 2600 cals was my maintenance. I had figured about 2100 cals based on Jacob's formulas, but I was considering my metabolism to be on the slow side, so maybe I'm wrong there. What are the signs of a fast metabolism (other than losing weight, which is obviously not my problem)? I AM hungry every 2-3 hrs. like clockwork, sometimes even sooner if I've had a tough workout; I seem to sweat A LOT even at rest and especially if I'm eating something hot, and my GI tract is functioning quite well (I'll leave it at that) as long as I get enough water and veggies. Hmmm, it's a lot to think about. Maybe I should give myself another 2-3 weeks at 1800-1900 cals/ day and see where I am, sticking with the 13 week workout plan but adding an extra day or 2 of HIIT when I can separate it from weights by 8 hrs. What do you think?

I have to admit that if I can step back long enough to not freak out about my weight I find this whole process truly fascinating! Thanks to all of you who are helping me make this journey [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!