ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - yo-yoing = slow metabolism
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 11:34 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: yo-yoing = slow metabolism

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: hilltowner:</font><hr> ...
Another point; there is much more range for a healthy calorie level (meaning it doesn't have to be an exact number) than some people think. What I mean is, once you get your metabolism cranked up, you can get away with more discrepancies. If you eat 1000 more one day, you won't add 1/3 of a pound; your body will just turn up your metabolism and burn it off. A handy side effect [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote>

Exactly right! At 5'5" 142 lbs, I maintain on an average of around 2450-2500 cals but there have been numerous days I've been way above that, up to as much as 3100! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] And guess what? I continue to REMAIN between 16-18% body fat, my body doesn't even notice if I give it more some days. Plus, my appetite goes right along with my activity level, the more I exercise, the hungrier I get, I believe my body knows what it's doing, it wants more usually just when it NEEDS more calories. So for the most part I listen to my body, using my brain to differentiate between want and need, I just try to be smart about the way I eat.

So there is certainly a reward for having a decent amount of muscle mass on your frame. You can get away with cheats and increases in calories way better than those individuals with little muscle mass. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]