ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - yo-yoing = slow metabolism
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 03:21 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: yo-yoing = slow metabolism

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: Heen05:</font><hr> hey, im glad you're doing good, and i hope we can help! recently i've seen that somone who had a slow metabolism at the 6 meals suggested a day for lifting weights, and he said his metabolism went up!!<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green">Yes, because the more often you feed your body, the faster it'll burn the fuel you are giving it. It's just like throwing wood on a fire to keep it burning.</font color>

[ QUOTE ]
im kind of confused as to why your metabolsim is slow even though you do so much cardio<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green">Her metabolism is so slow because she doesn't eat enough or often enough, it has nothing to do with cardio.</font color>

[ QUOTE ]
... and try to follow a strict diet.<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green">That's part of the problem, she's ALREADY too hard on herself. She is basically already keeping herself on a VERY strict diet, one of not eating even if she's hungry, that takes a heck of a lot of willpower, it's just not a good thing as she has convinced herself that it is.</font color>

[ QUOTE ]
..im pretty new so i dont know much.<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green">I don't mean to offend you, cause I realize you were only trying to help, but it is better to sit back and learn if you don't know instead of trying to give advice about things you don't understand well enough yourself, and ESPECIALLY to someone such as this young lady who is a recovering anorexic and bulemic, that's pretty serious stuff. Heck I don't even feel qualified enough to help recovering anorexics and bulemics! So if you really don't know what you're talking about, no offense, but DO NOT try to give advice if you really don't know, instead, wait to see what others have to say and learn from them first (hopefully THEY know what they're talking about) BEFORE trying to give out advice for which you don't know enough about yourself. Just give it some time, give yourself time to sit back and learn first, you don't want to be giving people incorrect advice or end up sticking your foot in your mouth. K? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font color>