ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - just starting
Thread: just starting
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 07:45 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: just starting

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by luvmypt:</font><hr /> I can only speak from my experience. I used to do the cardio thing 3-4 times a week with some haphazard lifting in between. Didn't see squat for results.

Got a trainer to show me how to lift correctly, got started on a regular routine, cut the cardio to 1 or 2 times per week. Finally saw results. I would have seen even better results had I got the diet part straightened out.

Bottom line- cardio will help your heart health but it won't do as much for your body as lifting regularly and getting your diet under control.

Lifting means using enough weight to make it tough, not those little pink 1, 3, 5 lbs weights! <hr /></blockquote>

EXACTLY! Same here. I did cardio out the ying yang since I was 18 years old, never did anything for me other than to keep me from getting fat cause I was a carbohydrate, junk food junkie, QUEEN!! LOL! It wasn't until I started lifting that I started seeing results and then I got even better results when I got the diet part straightened out. So take it from us! Been there, done that. We'll get ya goin' in the right direction now! [img]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]