ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - How many calories do you eat?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 12:35 PM
brandy3369 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: How many calories do you eat?

Hey Big Pappa - here's the formula I used to determine my Resting Metabolic Rate from this mag:

Needed info = ht in cm (inches x 2.54)
wt in kg (lbs divided by 2.2)
RMR (female) = 44.593 + (3.098 x ht) + (9.247 x wt) - (4.33 x age)

Then multiply RMR by 1.4 and add the result to your RMR to determine how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. To lose a pound a week subtract 500 calories. This puts me at about 1500 calories a day. But I've only been losing 1 - 1 1/2lbs a week eating an average of 1100 - 1200 calories a day according to my Fitday logs that I have been keeping religiously. I figure I'm either eating more calories than I think somewhere or my metabolism has slowed. If I eat 1500 will I stop losing fat?

I have always weighed more than the charts say I should. I have a hard time in the Navy come weigh-in twice a year because at 5'3" they say a girl is only supposed to weigh 135 max (at 135 I was a petite size 6/7 - hardly fat). They always have to measure me like they do a lot of guys to determine that I am not over in BF percentage for our PRT's (fitness tests). People ask me if I workout because of my natural muscular shape. I don't want to lose muscle, just fat and the only thing I've been doing so far is to eat 1200 calories divided over usually 4, sometimes 5 meals consisting of 50% Protein and 25% Carbs and Fat. With my 1200 calories I eat 1 gram of protein per lb of my weight thru chicken, eggs, turkey, fish and shellfish. I usually eat about 100 grams of carbs thru veggies, oatmeal and fat free dairy and I keep fat at 25% of the days calories even if I have to eat some walnuts or PB to get it up there. I have cut out red meat, rice and potatoes and eat only diet whole wheat bread maybe once a week as a PB&J sandwich, but what I have a hard time cutting is Diet soda, Fat Free Dairy on occasion, coffee, and sugar free desserts like Jello and Pudding. These bad things I only eat in small doses and only once a day, but I know they are the no-no's of my diet. Still I pull all this off with only 1100 - 1400 calories a day, but if getting rid of them is necessary I know I can do it.

Ok - I"m ramblng. I'm gonna try 1500 calories for a week though and see what happens. I hate set backs, but atleast I'll know if I've been missing out on eating more if I still lose. Thanks.