ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Gimme your perspective
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 06:54 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Gimme your perspective

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by ***********:</font><hr /> <blockquote><font class="small">posted by sicily1962:</font><hr /> ...I train in a 3 week cycle: Heavy 3-6, Moderate 8-12, Light 12-15. I alternate each body part each week.
So if i go heavy on chest one week, the next day when i do back, it's moderate and so on. I never go heavy on every body part in the same week.
... <hr /></blockquote>

Great advice Margie! I like it!

I'm thinking I should try that alternating training. I train each bodypart once a week but I train them all pretty intense in the 8-12 rep range, utilizing shocking methods and whatever else I think up but I've never really done the alternating light and heavy thing. No wonder I'm getting so spent! It wasn't a problem when my calories weren't cut but now that my calories have been cut to 2000, I have definitely noticed the difference in my stamina and recovery time! That's one reason come winter time I'm going to bump my calories back up to maintenance and focus on gaining strength instead of losing fat, cutting sure gets old! I miss feeling strong and energetic, taking on the weights with an intensity! This cutting of calories sucks! Anyway, this is why this women's forum will be so good, we can give each other great ideas! [img]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

Krypto,
I was wondering, when you mentioned that your calories got cut, did your trainer also increase your fat intake?
That could make a huge difference.
Right now, i'm taking in about 80gr of fat a day in conjunction w/ my daily food intake.
i'm cycling as you know and my protein intake w/ amino's etc...is at 270gr a day.
the extra fat seems to get me through on the low carb portion of my nutrition.

Thank you for the compliments on the training.
I can say w/o a doubt that training this way has enabled me to maintain my consistency and also increase my strength a great deal.

My bench before beginning my contest diet was 185 for 4 only three weeks ago...
I'm going heavy again on Monday ~ i'll keep you posted!
Seated rows and pull downs @ 150+...I have not noticed any losses.
I think your recovery time will be much better as well.

Let me know what you think about training that way.
I think you'll really like it. [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Margie

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"