ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Reincarnation (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96131)

Samael 02-18-2014 07:13 PM

Reincarnation

Hello everyone. Before you continue to read from here i wan't to warn that i'll share personal information, that some of you may find inappropriate for a hardcore bodybuilding forum. However, i apologize in advance and promise that i won't stress much on the things that i think will offend you guys. I also want to excuse me for my so-so English, it's not my first language. Ok, let me begin - I started my journey in fitness and nutrition as a really fat kid. At the age of 15 i weighted more than 90kg, despite the fact that i was taking part in every sport possible. At that time my parents were both obsessed with their business and the only person taking real care of me was my grandmother (God Bless You). She really know how to pamper me with food :). At the end of that year i finally decided that it's time for me to do something about the situation, so i took my first membership at a local gym. At first i hated it ! Every second there was like torture for my body and mind. Needless to say i have no clue about nutrition, so i continue with my usual bread and fries diet. When i start reading more about nutrition the results started to come and it took me few months to really love it, and realise that it was more than sport for me - i was doing it with passion. At the age ot 18, year 2007 (graduating high school) i was in the best shape of my life - ripped and strong. I want to open a brace here and say that during my childhood i was always in front of my mates . I was doing projects in advanced classes and was really inspired to achieve great things in my life. 2007 was the last year to date during which i feel happiness. When the summer ends, catastrophic events happen in my family (i forgot to mention that my parents were and are both alcoholics) which i don't want to explain in details, but which affected my life tremendously in a negative way. I almost dropped out of collage and immerse in severe depression. Previously the most open hearted person you may know, i wasn't leaving my room for days, kept my phone off and destroyed my relationships with most of my friends and relatives. The only thing that i was doing and that probably kept me alive was lifting and dieting. But my mindset was now different, my workout were motivated by hatred, regret and anger. That turns my previous healthy passion into a destructive pattern that peaks 2011 (don't really want to go into details). In the end of the summer that year i was at my lowest . I felt forsaken and annihilated and was fighting for my place on earth. Somehow i managed to find a job and use it as a saviour boat that pulled me out from the inferno that my life was. The recovery begins slowly and it took me 5 months to step on my feet again. During that time i rediscovered nutrition and it's power of healing. Unfortunately i stop training altogether and focus mostly on my work (work that i hate in my guts). Summer of 2012 i finally begin to experience feelings long forgotten - happiness, joy, passion. They were diluted, but still better than before. Working was going very good and i got a promotion for a regional manager position (managing 10 stores). Few days after that on September 24th (1 month before my 24th birthday) the closest person in my life, the one that was there for me every second of that 24 years, my grandmother passed away. There are no words that can be put to paper or a keyboard to explain how i was feeling. The utter grief, the regret that i wasn't with her more and the unimaginable pain cast me into a whirlwind of substances abuse and self destruction. Nothing and no one can help me or stop me. I was earning alot and don't care how i spend my money. I was so skilled at what i was doing that i didn't even care about my work anymore and often went to work drugged to the max. I'll skip the next 15 months (spent then the same way - drugs, buying things that i don't need and don't have money for and hating my job sooo much) and i'll jump to NY 2013. Not sure what among the many things that happened and that i enjoyed was the culprit, but it was like someone press the Restart button on my brain. I experienced catharsis - a feeling so strong and so utterly difficult to explain that turns out my life once again, but this time for good. 2 weeks after NY i re-arranged my life, re-calculate my debts, loans, expenses and decided that i'll quit my job and live my life the way i always wanted, representing the moral values that i stand for and work along my passion .. my long forgotten passion about Fitness and Wellness. I've always wanted to make a positive impact on peoples health and fitness and start my own business by becoming a persona consultant.
So ... i'm here to share the next 12 months of my life with you guys. 12 months during which i'll work and educate my *** off. I cannot afford the rent for my fansy apartment anymore so i'll go back home and try to re-establish the connection with my parents and help them with what i can. Despite the big salary my debts and unreasonable expenses left me with a very limited budget so i'll need to tweak it alot, if i want to extract something from my efforts.
Tomorrow i'll post my workout and nutrition plan (both outlined in details) along with all my other life goals .
Hope no judging will follow my post and that i can count on you brothers for support !
PS: I'm trying to find how to attach a current picture of my physique, but saw no button ?

Birthright1 02-19-2014 05:01 AM

First and foremost sorry to hear about your Grandmother! I was also very close to mine and I understand completely. As for mistakes made and lessons learned we all have our own skeletons. My closet is huge lol! I am very glad you have decided to share your story especially if it helps you with your motivation, goals and healing. We all come here for the same reason. Honest support from people who self-cure themselves with nutrition and health. Welcome back to the world of feeling good about yourself and hope that you find the information and help you may or may not need to stay feeling awesome! I do worry about the stress you place yourself in while reconnecting with your parents. Don’t lose yourself in the process. Remember your goals and write them down and post them on your bathroom mirror so you have to read them every day. Hope you enjoy my honesty. Now Samael go get your PUMP on!

To post your Profile pic is in User CP tab, settings and options section, edit avatar, browse for your pic on your PC and load it up.

Commander 02-19-2014 06:03 PM

Thanks for sharing so openly, I am here to watch your journey unfold and provide advice if I have anything helpful to offer.

Samael 02-20-2014 05:27 AM

Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it! There are some good news about me found a new job extremely fast, a job that won't interfere with my goals and that's not time consuming - 60 hours a month as a sales consultant. It's not the best paid job, but it's exactly what i need atm. This will bring up my incomes and make it easier for me to increase the quality and quantity of my food. I'll distribute my income around the ancient babylon wisdom - 10% for savings, 70% for food, fuel and home needs and 20% for me. At the end of each month, everything that i didn't spend for food and fun will go to savings, too. My diet, if i can name it that way, because it's more of a lifestyle, is a version ot paleo/lchf type of eating that i design for my body in the past 3 years, using trial and error, exclude and include various types of foods and play around with different types of eating patterns. A typical day of mine consist of 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and usually the foods i consume are:
1. Eggs - free ranged
2. Lamb liver/heart/lungs - they sell it as a set. It's pretty cheap and extremely nutritional.
3. Coconuts
4. Coconut oil
5. Butter - for a long time i try to find grass fed butter, but with no success.
6. Hog meat - i prefer it over beef. It's a lot cheaper (twice) and taste the same.
7. Vegetables - i love cauliflowers, especially with butter and salt and try to stick with them, again because they are cheap and because they are "home grown". I can find organic cauliflowers as cheap as toilet paper here :)
8. Sea/pink salt - as my carbohydrate intake is low (coconuts and vegetables) i salt every meal with combination of these two salts. Found out that this strategy help big time.

Example of a day :
6am - wake up, prepare triple strength espresso (in love with coffee) with 20-30g coconut oil
7am - get my workout done around that time, if it's training day
9am - breakfast
2-3pm - lunch
6-7pm - dinner
9:30pm - relaxation/meditation
10pm - lights out

Here's a pic of me, that i take yesterday. I did do any other physical activity than 2-3 bodyweight workouts in the past 3 years, and regular walking each day. I truly believe that the way i design my eating (it's 100% tailored for my body) helped me stay lean. http://postimg.org/image/gn6sjkiht/
It's very interesting for me, how it'll suit regular and high intensity workout regiment.
I do not track calories, but this time (mostly because i'll stick with a fixed budget and i have defined goals) i will. At the start (first 4 weeks) i'll do LC days on my off days (4 days a week. Note: I do not count my hiking day as training ) and HC days on my training days (3 days a week). Calories will be LC - 1500-1700kcal HC - 3000+kcal.

Few words on my training strategy - i design a program that is 4 day split, distributed over 3 day training week. It looks like that:
Week 1
mon - weight training
tue - off
wed - intervals
thu - off
fri - weight training
sat - mountain hike/long duration sustained state cardio
sun - off
Week 2
mon - intervals
tue - off
wed - weight training
thu - off
fri - intervals
sat - off
sun - mountain hike/long duration sustained state cardio
I'll train outside on a track field. My weight training sessions will consist of :
1. Chin ups/pull ups
2. Dips
3. Push-ups (on pads)
4. Tire flip
5. Kettlebell swings
6. Various lower body plyometric
7. Various core exercises
Every workout will be different. I'll incorporate tut, isometrics, plyometrics.
As for my intervals, they will be either track sprints with different set-ups (25-50-75-100-200-300-400m) or fartleks.
I want to develop every aspect of fitness - strength, power, endurance, agility, flexibility and co-ordination. The only thing, that i'm not very sure about how to put it into my regiment is stretching. Currently i'm using foal rolling, static stretching and posture correction exercises after each workout. Some info here will be very helpful.
Goals for that time period can be broken down into - fitness and life goals. Currently i'm hovering around 70kg reasonably lean, but with very decreased athletic performance. Ultimately at the end of these 12 months i will aim for 75kg, ripped and with very, very high level of athletic performance in every aspect. Of course, staying injury free !
Life goals - here is a bit more complicated. Overall i want to create a very positive image about myself, develop and cultivate the moral values that i stand for and become a better person. Educate myself ! In a nutshell :
1. Make an impact - every day i want to be able to make positive impact on other people's life. Be it a smile on the cashier in the market, or help someone with their diet and fitness.
2. Never complain - learn how to solve problems that are in my reach, accept things that are beyond my reach and learn how to properly separate them.
3. Be a good/honourable/loyal person
4. Educate myself - educate in the fields that i want to be good at - physiology, nutrition, psychology, philosophy, etc)
5. Make strong bonds with people that i love and that loves me
I hope that i wrap things up good enough for you gyus. At the end of the week i'll post info about my training. Wish you great week !
PS: Forgot to mention my current supplements - it's nothing special, just the essentials that potentially are lacking in my diet :
1. Vitamin D3 - 5000 iu with breakfast - balancing my A/D ratio, because of my high liver consumption (i'll stop using it when the summer months arrive)
2. Vitamin K-2 (mk-7) - 90 mcg with breakfast - use in combination with vitamin D.
3. Magnesium (citrate, glycinate, malate) - 400 mg empty stomach before bed.
4. Potassium (gluconate) - 200mg empty stomach before bed with magnesium.
5. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - 2g non training days and 4g training days -

PS: I'll add a basic pre-workout stack, which will include:
1 lemon juice in warm water with pinch of sea/pink salt - for potassium and sodium.
2g Vitamin C - as far as i know, Vitamin C is crucial for proper synthesis of dopamine and also is a co-factor in the formation of norepinephrine from dopamine. Not sure that i'll be of any benefit, but i'll try it.

Birthright1 02-20-2014 07:29 AM

Looks like you are off to a great start on your new lease on life. Keep up your motivation and if you start getting burnt out cahnge it up and keep it exciting. Awesome post and great explanations of what you will be doing. NOW GET YOUR PUMP ON!!! :D

Birthright1 02-20-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samael (Post 928080)
Here's a pic of me, that i take yesterday. I did do any other physical activity than 2-3 bodyweight workouts in the past 3 years, and regular walking each day. I truly believe that the way i design my eating (it's 100% tailored for my body) helped me stay lean. http://postimg.org/image/gn6sjkiht/

Love it when others know there body...means you have spent the time and painstaking effort into figureing out and trying lots of dietary ideas. Pics look great. Awesome place to start back up at. Love that your so motivated...it PUMPS ME UP!!!

rickck48 02-20-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samael (Post 928062)
Hello everyone. Before you continue to read from here i wan't to warn that i'll share personal information, that some of you may find inappropriate for a hardcore bodybuilding forum. However, i apologize in advance and promise that i won't stress much on the things that i think will offend you guys. I also want to excuse me for my so-so English, it's not my first language. Ok, let me begin - I started my journey in fitness and nutrition as a really fat kid. At the age of 15 i weighted more than 90kg, despite the fact that i was taking part in every sport possible. At that time my parents were both obsessed with their business and the only person taking real care of me was my grandmother (God Bless You). She really know how to pamper me with food :). At the end of that year i finally decided that it's time for me to do something about the situation, so i took my first membership at a local gym. At first i hated it ! Every second there was like torture for my body and mind. Needless to say i have no clue about nutrition, so i continue with my usual bread and fries diet. When i start reading more about nutrition the results started to come and it took me few months to really love it, and realise that it was more than sport for me - i was doing it with passion. At the age ot 18, year 2007 (graduating high school) i was in the best shape of my life - ripped and strong. I want to open a brace here and say that during my childhood i was always in front of my mates . I was doing projects in advanced classes and was really inspired to achieve great things in my life. 2007 was the last year to date during which i feel happiness. When the summer ends, catastrophic events happen in my family (i forgot to mention that my parents were and are both alcoholics) which i don't want to explain in details, but which affected my life tremendously in a negative way. I almost dropped out of collage and immerse in severe depression. Previously the most open hearted person you may know, i wasn't leaving my room for days, kept my phone off and destroyed my relationships with most of my friends and relatives. The only thing that i was doing and that probably kept me alive was lifting and dieting. But my mindset was now different, my workout were motivated by hatred, regret and anger. That turns my previous healthy passion into a destructive pattern that peaks 2011 (don't really want to go into details). In the end of the summer that year i was at my lowest . I felt forsaken and annihilated and was fighting for my place on earth. Somehow i managed to find a job and use it as a saviour boat that pulled me out from the inferno that my life was. The recovery begins slowly and it took me 5 months to step on my feet again. During that time i rediscovered nutrition and it's power of healing. Unfortunately i stop training altogether and focus mostly on my work (work that i hate in my guts). Summer of 2012 i finally begin to experience feelings long forgotten - happiness, joy, passion. They were diluted, but still better than before. Working was going very good and i got a promotion for a regional manager position (managing 10 stores). Few days after that on September 24th (1 month before my 24th birthday) the closest person in my life, the one that was there for me every second of that 24 years, my grandmother passed away. There are no words that can be put to paper or a keyboard to explain how i was feeling. The utter grief, the regret that i wasn't with her more and the unimaginable pain cast me into a whirlwind of substances abuse and self destruction. Nothing and no one can help me or stop me. I was earning alot and don't care how i spend my money. I was so skilled at what i was doing that i didn't even care about my work anymore and often went to work drugged to the max. I'll skip the next 15 months (spent then the same way - drugs, buying things that i don't need and don't have money for and hating my job sooo much) and i'll jump to NY 2013. Not sure what among the many things that happened and that i enjoyed was the culprit, but it was like someone press the Restart button on my brain. I experienced catharsis - a feeling so strong and so utterly difficult to explain that turns out my life once again, but this time for good. 2 weeks after NY i re-arranged my life, re-calculate my debts, loans, expenses and decided that i'll quit my job and live my life the way i always wanted, representing the moral values that i stand for and work along my passion .. my long forgotten passion about Fitness and Wellness. I've always wanted to make a positive impact on peoples health and fitness and start my own business by becoming a persona consultant.
So ... i'm here to share the next 12 months of my life with you guys. 12 months during which i'll work and educate my *** off. I cannot afford the rent for my fansy apartment anymore so i'll go back home and try to re-establish the connection with my parents and help them with what i can. Despite the big salary my debts and unreasonable expenses left me with a very limited budget so i'll need to tweak it alot, if i want to extract something from my efforts.
Tomorrow i'll post my workout and nutrition plan (both outlined in details) along with all my other life goals .
Hope no judging will follow my post and that i can count on you brothers for support !
PS: I'm trying to find how to attach a current picture of my physique, but saw no button ?

Hey my brother it is awesome to meet some one who is so dedicated to cleaning up. I had to restart after a long lay off and other problems. If I can ever be a listener or talk I am here. I will tell you this I am an Associate Pastor in a Church in East Alabama.You pic look awesome, whatever you are doing is working. I know one day you are going to reach your goals as long as you keep lifting till perfection. Stay cool RTR!:)

Samael 02-22-2014 04:58 PM

Again, thanks a lot guys! Your support is of a crucial value for me right now!
It was a good entry week for me, nothing special to report and log. I just wanted see where i stand - power, endurance, strength endurance, etc. Not very happy, but it's sort of normal after such a lay off. I've made some tweaks, here and there to the original plan and will start logging tomorrow. Stay strong!

Samael 02-22-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickck48 (Post 928091)
Hey my brother it is awesome to meet some one who is so dedicated to cleaning up. I had to restart after a long lay off and other problems. If I can ever be a listener or talk I am here. I will tell you this I am an Associate Pastor in a Church in East Alabama.You pic look awesome, whatever you are doing is working. I know one day you are going to reach your goals as long as you keep lifting till perfection. Stay cool RTR!:)

Thanks for the support! Feels kind of great to know that there are others like me here. I'll do my best, at least this is something that is all up to me.

Samael 02-23-2014 07:09 PM

Day 1: Weighted myself in the morning and i happened to be lighter that i expected, sitting at 64.1kg. My lowest weight since probably 5th grade. My initial goal of 75kg looks more likely very hard to achieve in that time frame, especially having in mind that i'll try to get even leaner in the process. So 70kg looks reasonable i guess. The weather was awful, it was raining early in the morning (around 06:00am) and it was quite foggy, but with no hesitation i put my clothes on and drove my way to the starting point for my hike. It's a well known track for me, that i've used to hike when i was very young (and fat) with my father. It's very difficult terrain with very high incline and i really, really hated it when i was a kid. I've planned on making a gps log with my phone, but something goes wrong with the gps, so no log. However i've made some nice photos, two of which were a funny lizards i saw several times.
http://postimg.org/image/9n4t2ze0z/ - Lizard http://postimg.org/image/mz2xgfnjb/ - Lizard
I also took few pics that were to represent the weather and the beautiful nature, that i totally immersed in !
http://postimg.org/image/o2abiph59/ - city's TV Tower
http://postimg.org/image/4v7c5ew8d/
http://postimg.org/image/8ad010mph/ - few seconds before the pic, there was fog very similar to that in the picture of the TV Tower. It just went away in a matter of few brief moments. It was so surreal, that with my previously increased endorphins production from the intense hike, i felt like i was extremely high. Very strong feeling of well-beign and euphoria rushed through me, left me smiling and laughing. Just ridiculous :)
I took a panorama photo of my ending point, where i meditated for few minutes, but it's too large to upload it.
The whole thing (hiking and going back) took me around 95-100 minutes.
Food for the day was :
06:15
Coffee with 25g Coconut oil - 25g fat - 225kcal
10:00
4 whole jumbo Eggs - 30g pro 24g fat - 360kcal
boiled and mashed cauliflower with organic stevia and 50g butter - 40g fat - 360kcal
15:00
200g coconut - ±66g fat, 30g carbs - 700kcal
19:00
green salad, tomato with 30g EVOO - 30g fat, 270kcal
250g hog meat - 7g fat, 55g pro, 305kcal
30g lard - 30g fat, 270kcal

Total for the day: F - 222g; P - 85g; C - ±30g(i don't count carbs, others those in nuts); KCAL - ±2500kcal
Song of the day (that i'm listening to, during the post) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTB-iiecqk

Been an all around productive day for me!