ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions! (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Comeback (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96064)

JoeKingPT 01-01-2014 10:46 PM

The Comeback

Hi everyone, most of you probably won't remember me, and those who do may not like me (probably for good reason). I used to help run this site under the handle "Yu Yevon", working as an administrator and content writer. If the mods will allow, I would like to just keep an online training journal in the journal forum to help keep me motivated for my bodybuilding comeback for 2014. I'm not here to stir the pot, I've taken 6-years off bodybuilding and want to get involved once again.

About me:

I've been a personal trainer since 1999 holding certifications with NASM, ACE, AFAA, ISSA and others. I currently hold the following certs: NASM CPT, PES, CES and dotFIT Nutrition. I have a B.S. from CSU Hayward in Kinesiology and an M.S. from CSU East Bay in Exercise Physiology. I am a Personal Training Director at an athlete-oriented facility in the Bay Area, California where I oversee a training staff of more than a dozen elite trainers. I have worked for supplement companies (Champion Nutrition, Promax) as well as a staff writer for Livestrong (over 150 articles) and dotFIT. There was a time I was known as the "supplement guru" here on ABC, writing dozens of articles for JHR.

But I also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and for that I am sorry. I was a ****y twenty-something, but I've grown up a lot since then. I have a family now (a beautiful wife and wonderful son) and I am ready to jump back into the bodybuilding arena, but I can't do it alone, which is why I have come back - if you will let me.

- Joe

Gibbster 01-05-2014 12:04 AM

Hey Joe! I remember you for sure. I'm actually just coming back to this board myself. Looking forward to chattin' :D

JoeKingPT 01-06-2014 10:44 PM

Hey, I remember you! Glad to see you're still around!

Gibbster 01-07-2014 07:21 PM

So did you lose much with your long break from the iron? You were a monster in the last photos I saw of you.

JoeKingPT 01-07-2014 11:29 PM

Thanks! I never took a break from training, just from bodybuilding. I went out of my comfort zone and competed in some endurance races (Bay to Breakers, Tough Mudder, Crossfit Open etc.). I never stopped lifting, and some of my lifts are stronger than they ever have been (mostly the Olympic lifts, pullups etc). My workouts and diet just weren't geared towards bodybuilding, and I missed it too much!

Gibbster 01-12-2014 11:05 PM

Ahhh nice. Those Crossfit contests look sweet as does Tough Mudder.

Looking forward to your next series of photos.

rickck48 02-08-2014 05:00 AM

I am glad to see the forum fired up again. I like to read all these posts and comments about research. RTR!

Birthright1 02-11-2014 07:41 AM

Yu Yevon sup! Welcome back! Glad to see you have come around with motivation, Goals, and a new lease on life! Awesome!!! Get your PUMP ON!

Cardinal Sin 04-18-2014 02:15 AM

Hey there, I was actually thinking about you today. I too used to be an original member when this forum first started and was banned. Wish I could tell you who I was but since I have my PM's permanently disabled by the mods I guess I can't tell you who I was originally. Any way good to see you back here, hope to see more of you if I don't get banned again for this post.

JoeKingPT 04-18-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardinal Sin (Post 928465)
Hey there, I was actually thinking about you today. I too used to be an original member when this forum first started and was banned. Wish I could tell you who I was but since I have my PM's permanently disabled by the mods I guess I can't tell you who I was originally. Any way good to see you back here, hope to see more of you if I don't get banned again for this post.

You and me both, buddy! ;)