ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members' Discussion: (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Curious... (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95970)

10forty2 09-03-2013 07:21 PM

Curious...

What happened to ABC? Where did everybody go? When I left off several years ago, this place was THE place for natural bodybuilding discussion and information. Today, although there is still a wealth of information left over from "The Day," there's hardly any traffic here. What gives?:confused:

arian11 09-04-2013 02:04 AM

Maybe I wasn't around far enough back but I never thought this place was big. It has always been a small group of people to me, though a high percentage of smart people. Looking at the statistics now, we have about 15.5k members compared to bodybuilding.com's 6 million.

Commander 09-04-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arian11 (Post 927107)
Maybe I wasn't around far enough back but I never thought this place was big. It has always been a small group of people to me, though a high percentage of smart people. Looking at the statistics now, we have about 15.5k members compared to bodybuilding.com's 6 million.

That was how it has been for me as well.
Although, it did go from "small" to "smaller."

When I first started posting, there were probably about 25 to 30 active members. Now we are lucky if there is 5 to 10 active members.

10forty2 09-04-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander (Post 927109)
That was how it has been for me as well.
Although, it did go from "small" to "smaller."

When I first started posting, there were probably about 25 to 30 active members. Now we are lucky if there is 5 to 10 active members.

Well then, we've just got to make it more active with better posts! But the way I remember it was lots of active members that posted quality stuff. Of course, there was always the trolls that came in to flame someone but they went the way of the DoDo bird after several of us jumped in and set 'em straight. There was a dedicated bunch of folks that came in here to learn and to share. Maybe they all did like I did and took an extended break.

Commander 09-04-2013 04:08 PM

I've been fairly lucky. Since joining and posting, I have't seen much troll activity.

TPinyati 09-10-2013 07:38 AM

I have to agree that in the early 2000's this place was much more active. Back then there were many new threads each day in all the sub forums and many posts on each topic.

JoeKingPT 01-23-2014 12:19 AM

Our stats back in the day were incredible. If I remember correctly we had 75,000+ registered users with several thousand active members. There was a short while where we were hitting 1 million hits/month. I think that was around '04-'05, before the FB explosion. I still think forums are the best way to share ideas, though.

Algavinn 02-21-2014 02:04 AM

I feel one of the big things is the brothers stopped posting. They went away many years ago, the journals stopped. I was editing their journals for them and they just kinda faded away.