ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardcore Training (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Bulking, DUP style (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95898)

nachvai_89 06-27-2013 06:37 PM

Bulking, DUP style

Hi guys,
pleasure to be here, great forum.
I'm about to begin a bulking cycle and I wanted to try a DUP program.
I know there are many fellows here in the forum who have experience with this type of program, so I wonder if you can help me out with the program design.

What I had in mind is to train 6 times a week, with a training ratio of 2:1:1(two hypertrophy for every strength and power WO). It would be something like this:

Cycle 1
Day1-Lower Hypertrophy
Day2-Upper Hypertrophy
Day3-Lower Strength
Day4-Upper Strength
Day5-Lower Hypertrophy
Day6-Upper Hypertrophy
Day7-rest

Cycle 2
Day1-Lower Hypertrophy
Day2-Upper Hypertrophy
Day3-Lower Power
Day4-Upper Power
Day5-Lower Hypertrophy
Day6-Upper Hypertrophy
Day7-rest
(repeat cycles)

Do you guys think that this type of program is good for a bulking cycle, or I should stick to a more bodybuilding type of program?
My other option is the Prez Wilson's 24 workouts mass blitz.
Regards

Commander 06-27-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachvai_89 (Post 926613)
Do you guys think that this type of program is good for a bulking cycle, or I should stick to a more bodybuilding type of program?

What is bodybuilding but an attempt to find the best way to add aesthetically pleasing mass to your frame?

I assume when you say "stick to a more bodybuilding type of program" you mean staying in the classic 3 to 4 exercises for 3 to 4 sets and 8 to 12 reps all the time.

However, DUP is effecive for both strength and hypertrophy purposes, so why would you want to restrict yourself to just one method to add mass?

I say go for your planned routine, looks like a sound set up to me.

Layne Norton does something similar with his PHAT program design.

nachvai_89 06-27-2013 07:04 PM

Thanks Commander for the answer.
When I said "more bodybuilding type of program" I was meaning to the traditional split (chest day,back day,legs day,etc),poor choice of words on my part.

Commander 06-28-2013 11:55 AM

Ahhh, sorry about that. I think Upper Lower and Push/Pull/Legs are great ways to get in higher frequencey than a more traditional 5 day split.

nachvai_89 06-29-2013 07:21 PM

Hi Commander,
yes, the push/pull/legs also is a good to increase frequency, maybe with a strength day and a hypertrophy day. Do you think there is value in adding a Speed Work day to the program for hypertrophy purposes?

Commander 06-29-2013 11:51 PM

Personally, I don't see any value in a full day dedicated to speed work.

However, I do try to accelerate all my reps forcefully. So as I am working up to my training max and work sets for the day I am effectively getting in speed work by always using compensatory acceleration.

I do see value in speed work if you are having an off day but still want to get in some training.