ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Injury Analysis (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Lower back injury (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95606)

Algavinn 10-14-2012 09:55 PM

Lower back injury

So about 3 years ago I injured my lower back during a bad deadlift where I used too much back, to put it simply. I heart a loud sickening crack like you broke a dry femur without any soft tissue around it. I dropped and it took 2 hours to sit up, another hour to stand. This was a serious injury for quite a while. A couple times after that I minorly re-injured it when my back was fatigued and I bent at the waist just a bit too much. The doctor said it was a soft tissue injury, while at the time I thought it was a slipped disk that came with soft tissue disruption. Its been 2 years since I've had a problem with it, but last night after a bit of back work I was just around the house and bent over at the waist and it just dropped me, and its pretty bad. Severe difficulty walking most of the time, cannot bend.

Basically it is located over my left back dimple with a bit of spread, it is severely acute. It feels like the pain of a spine injury but isnt on the spine. I suppose it could be some kind of nerve issue around one of the transverse processes, but I'm not sure. When I walk around I hold a hand with good pressure on that spot and it seems to stop the 'slack' in that area from causing immense pain. In time it will stop hurting, but it will stay extra weak for quite a while afterwards, and indeed since the injury my lower back has felt much weaker.

I am going to a PT soon, but would like peoples input, or questions to help probe out the nature of this injury.

Link 11-04-2012 03:55 AM

Go back to the Doc, request xrays or mri be done. MRI if the doc is certain is soft tissue injury, but Id ask for xray as you will be able to see if theres any kind of hernia or slipped disc

ecko31s 01-28-2013 11:51 AM

Yeah go back to the Doc and request x-rays like Link suggested. I injured my lower back from doing deads and bent-over barbell rows. I finally went to a chiropractor and found out it was a slipped disc and it also caused me to have sciatica which is no fun at all. The first time i injured my back was during deads and the second time was during bent-over rows. Both times it fell the exact same. Anyway the Doc realigned everything through spinal manipulation, basically twisting me up like a pretzel. I was afraid to go at first because I thought I needed surgery, and I've heard of alot of things can go wrong or make the pain even worse. Going to the chiropractor was the best thing I could have done because it got rid of that nagging back pain that I had for three years. I make sure I keep my back straight with a small arch when exercising now.

George123 02-20-2013 09:39 AM

Lower back injury due to sudden trauma or any way this thing gives more depression for the patient so magnetic rays or therapy which is much better for such hidden pains by all means.

Ratcat 02-25-2013 12:11 PM

Squat. With perfect form in front of a mirror. Start with an empty bar then after 4 weeks start to add weight slowly. :)

rickck48 07-29-2013 11:11 PM

I have a lower back injury that was because of my jumping in the Army. I was with 82nd AB and then the 1/75th Rangers @ Ft. Stewart, Ga. I had a 163 jumps and now my back is trying to fall apart. I was out for the last 5 years because of all the pain. I have the Dr.s at the VA Hospital tell me I will soon lose my walking ability. Guys I have worked out to long and I am doing a lot of walking and stretching when I am able. I am almost ready to try a dumbbell for light workout positions. Well here is my injury but, I haven't quit either.
I rode my Stationary Bike this morning while empty of food. I now am working at 5 mins @ 12 to 15 MPH. I have gathered some belly fat but I will burn this first if possible.

Jemimasmith 10-03-2013 05:37 AM

going through multiple ways of workout it is quite often that physique get a stress and tense abnormally .. so at first it must to follow the proper conventions of gesturing and posturing and second once you get hurt after all the precautions, you are better to consult with the physician

rickck48 10-03-2013 10:43 PM

Thanks Jemma. I do consult with my doctors at VA Hospital in Birmingham, Al. I have set what I think now is a good slow strength producer. I shall see, but everytime I feel the least bit of pain or stress I immediately stop. :)