ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardcore Training (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Training Program suggestions (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95488)

DannyB 07-21-2012 05:43 PM

Training Program suggestions

I don't know if this is the right section but I'd like to have your opinion on what I am going to do from september. Consider that I will be on vacation in august and for this reason I will be quite de-trained in september.
This is sketchily what I was thinking about:
goal: mass building

phase 1: full body workouts, 3 day a week frequency, 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
I think that this style of training is very effective after a non-training period and allows you to re-activate you muscles fibers.

phase 2: adaptation, muscle groups trained every 5th day and gradually raising the volume (3-4 sets , 8-12 reps , 2-4 exercises per muscle group).

phase 3: intensification, lower/upper body split, 4 day a week, 8,6,4 reps protocol, 2 exercises per muscle group.

phase 4: shock phase, your "bulking to the next level" workouts

ok, that's all! I'm looking forward to read your opinions and suggestions!

arian11 07-21-2012 06:23 PM

How long are each of these phases and what exercises will you actually be doing?

DannyB 07-21-2012 08:36 PM

The length of each phase will depend on results and progress, but I think that I will do phase 1 for 3 weeks , phase 2 for 5-6 weeks , phase 3 for 4-5 weeks, phase 4 for 8 weeks.

As for exercises I will use only compound excercise for phase 1 and 3 (squat, deadlift, bench press, military press, pull/chin ups, rows). For phase 2 and 4 I'll add also some isolation exercises for each muscle group.

I can't be more accurate for now because I have not already written the workouts.
I would just like to know if you think that each part of this training will benefit from the previous phases in order to gain muscle mass.

arian11 07-22-2012 02:38 PM

Well it seems like you are using fancy names to make them sound good but don't really have much planned. The phases could work but if you don't have everything else in check (exercise selection, weight selection, caloric surplus, macro intake, cardio, etc.) then it won't be very effective. So you should plan everything out first and then post it here for people to see. Or you should find a program that is known to work and meets your needs and follow it rather than trying to make your own.

DannyB 07-22-2012 03:46 PM

I'm sorry, I really didn't want to use fancy names to make them sound good...I used them just to summarize what the phases will consist of. And as for "bulking to the next level", I was referring to this one:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/bulki...t%20levlel.pdf
It's not my fault for the name :P

Anyway, I'll post the workouts as soon as I'll write them so that I can be more accurate. Thank you for your answers arian!

arian11 07-22-2012 08:28 PM

Haha, we'll have to blame the Wilson brothers for that one.

greatkeen 07-25-2012 05:15 AM

what exactly is your goal with respect to this workout?

If you want to build muscle? why not give a proven simple effective routine a shot? Texas Method, Shotgun Method, BossHogg Routine... are the ones i have great success with whenever muscle building is my sole goal.

DannyB 07-25-2012 01:51 PM

My goal with this program is muscle building, symmetry and minimal fat gain ( which can be achieved with a correct diet).
Greatkeen thank you for your suggestions, but I really love writing my own workouts and sometimes I write workouts for my friends too. I think that it's a great satisfaction when you or your friends achieve outstanding results through your workouts. However, I always try to learn from people smarter than me in order to achieve these results and that's the reason I wrote the post in this community.

Finally here are the phase 1 workouts:

DAY 1
A1)SQUAT 3X8-10
A2)LEG CURL 3X8-10 90 SEC REST
B1)INCLINE DB PRESS 3X8-10
B2)PULL-UPS 3X8-10 60 SEC REST
C)MILITARY PRESS 3X8-10 60 SEC REST
D1)BARBELL BICEPTS CURL 3X8-10
D2)DIPS 3X8-10 60 SEC REST

DAY 2
A1)DEADLIFT 3X6-8
A2)LEG EXTENSIONS 3X8-10 90 SEC REST
B1)BARBELL ROW 3X8-10
B2)WIDE DIPS 3X8-10 60 SEC REST
C)DB SHOULDER PRESS(PALMS IN) 3X8-10 60 SEC REST
D1)DB HUMMER CURLS 3X8-10
D2)TRICEPTS PUSHDOWN 3X8-10 60 SEC REST

DAY3
A1)BENCH PRESS 3X8-10
A2)CABLE ROW 3X8-10 60 SEC REST
B1)ARNOOLD PRESS 3X8-10
B2)SPLIT SQUAT 3X8-10 60 SEC REST
C1)INCLINE DB CURLS 3X8-10
C2)SKULL CRASHER 3X8-10 60 SEC REST

greatkeen 07-26-2012 07:43 AM

looks good.

keep posting your progress.

Also what sort of weights will you be lifting in terms of rep max? as far as i am concerned i do 3 sets of dead lifts for 6 reps each, then i am finished, too spent to do anything afterwards leave aside super-setting it with something.

DannyB 07-26-2012 11:34 AM

yeah I know what you mean, but consider that I'll do this routine after a month not training and so I'll use lower weights (at least for the first weeks). Then I will do deadlift and squat without super-setting them with something.