ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sanctuary (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Paleo diet from a biblical standpoint (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95341)

bink 05-05-2012 02:52 AM

Paleo diet from a biblical standpoint

I wonder does the bible somehow support the claims of the paleo diet or is the beliefs which stand behind this diet for example that humans aren't adapted to eating bread incompatible with the bible? It wouldn't make sense for a christian to follow a diet which is based on evolutionary assumptions which don't fit to the bible. What do you think about this?
And what do you think about paleo itself? Does this diet make sense? To me it seems very hard to follow. Cutting out all bread and pasta seems incredibly hard to me.

Wizard24 05-09-2012 07:25 PM

I admittedly do not know much about the paleo diet save for the cursory look that I gave it the other day. I will say that as a Christian I don’t see anything wrong with following this diet. In fact it looks a lot like how I eat currently. I feel that the people promoting the diet have made some incorrect assumptions about why it is beneficial. It doesn’t have anything to do with how man and his gastronomical capabilities have or have not “evolved”. It is much more about the fact that on the whole, unprocessed foods are going to be much healthier for you than those that are processed.

In fact I see it as actually evidencing a Creator God. We know that when God created the flora and fauna He looked on it and saw that it was good (Gen 1:12). He told Adam that the plants and trees that produced fruit were good food for him (Gen 1:29) and that he should eat of all the trees in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen 2:16). He instructed Noah to take extra pairs of “clean” animals on the ark with him so that he and his family would have food while on the ark and while they began to repopulate the earth afterwards (Gen 7:2-3). If you look at the food that you can get today I think you would have to agree that it is a far cry from the way God originally created it. Man has degraded the foods that we eat so horrendously over the years. With the artificial ingredients, fillers, substitutes and manufactured food that most people eat, it only makes sense that getting back to eating food that is as close to how God created it would be beneficial.

bink 06-16-2012 11:52 PM

Thank you, good answer.

I think paleo looks interesting but I also don't know much about it and I also don't want to get super strict about following a diet and then obsessing with eating something forbidden all day. I want to eat healthier but I don't know if I could follow paleo strictly.

Commander 06-17-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard24 (Post 923376)
I admittedly do not know much about the paleo diet save for the cursory look that I gave it the other day. I will say that as a Christian I don’t see anything wrong with following this diet. In fact it looks a lot like how I eat currently. I feel that the people promoting the diet have made some incorrect assumptions about why it is beneficial. It doesn’t have anything to do with how man and his gastronomical capabilities have or have not “evolved”. It is much more about the fact that on the whole, unprocessed foods are going to be much healthier for you than those that are processed.

In fact I see it as actually evidencing a Creator God. We know that when God created the flora and fauna He looked on it and saw that it was good (Gen 1:12). He told Adam that the plants and trees that produced fruit were good food for him (Gen 1:29) and that he should eat of all the trees in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen 2:16). He instructed Noah to take extra pairs of “clean” animals on the ark with him so that he and his family would have food while on the ark and while they began to repopulate the earth afterwards (Gen 7:2-3). If you look at the food that you can get today I think you would have to agree that it is a far cry from the way God originally created it. Man has degraded the foods that we eat so horrendously over the years. With the artificial ingredients, fillers, substitutes and manufactured food that most people eat, it only makes sense that getting back to eating food that is as close to how God created it would be beneficial.

Bingo : )