ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardcore Training (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Returning to ABC. Need to lose 2st in 1mth... (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95103)

Paul_Johno 01-19-2012 05:37 PM

Returning to ABC. Need to lose 2st in 1mth...

Hi all,

I used to post here a lot (but my post count has gone, lol) but got side tracked with life and let myself go a little. So hello! It's good to be back. Now, down to business...

I'm around 2st (28lb) above what I consider my "look good naked" weight. I'm currently 15st (210lb), and I want to be 13st (182lb). I don't care for scales much, but I know what my happy weight it and I just want to get back to that.

Anyway, I'm quite a muscular build (albeit flabby now), and I still maintain a decent level of fitness - I ran a marathon around 3mths ago. Basically, I'll be out of work for the next 4 weeks and I want to get my body back in check by then, which coincidentally is also my birthday, so I'll be seeing lots of friends then. (extra motivation).

Considering I haven't got anything else to to do (except workout), do you think I could achieve my 28lb weight loss (or close to it), within a month? I could quite easily spend 3hrs a day training - possibly more.

My intention is to split my training into three areas:
- Morning run (1hr)
- Afternoon swim (1hr)
- Evening resistance (1hr)

I realise this would require a strict diet, gaining most of my carbs from vegetables and starchy foods. I'm prepared to do this.

Anyway, back to my question. Do you think this is possible considering I'm already a reasonably fit person?

Commander 01-19-2012 06:58 PM

Yes it is possible. Not something you'd want to maintain or do often, but yes, possible.

I would focus on the resistance training first. Reason is, you need to make sure you are giving your body the stimulus to retain muscle given the caloric deficit you will be in to lose that much weight. Doing resistance training as your 3rd workout may really take away from it's effectiveness as you will likely be fatigued at that point. Do the resistance training first and get in the the condition work after.

Good luck.

joneser3eb 01-19-2012 07:35 PM

I agree with commander, you wont have the juice to get in the resistance training if you do it last. make sure you dont cut your calories too much at once either. gotta have some energy.

Paul_Johno 01-19-2012 08:31 PM

Thanks guys, noted! I'll make sure my resistance session is in the morning.

Commander 01-20-2012 01:23 AM

Let us know how you do!

zacharyspop 01-20-2012 07:59 PM

Rapid weight loss can cause numerous health issues...perhaps a consultation with a Dr. or nutritionist is prudent.

SkaterBro 01-26-2012 03:09 AM

Weight loss increases memory and in chimps made them live longer.

klosey 02-15-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacharyspop (Post 921770)
Rapid weight loss can cause numerous health issues...perhaps a consultation with a Dr. or nutritionist is prudent.

not as many as you would think.. if not done in a malnutrition type of diet... if vitamins minerals antioxidants water are high you would actually be better off in the long run if crashed down then held the healthy weight than being obese.. depends on the reasoning

Darnell22 12-29-2012 06:26 AM

I consent with leader, you will never have the juice to get in the weight lifting if you do it last. create sure you don't cut your calorie consumption too much at once either. have to have some power.