Raising The Bar
- Christian discipleship
- Form and technique
Everything in my life is on and off. I need to become dedicated. Routine has always been the problem. I HAD to have a workout on this day or that day, if I missed a session...my whole week was screwed. I need to learn that I am a busy man and I will hit the gym, track, etc whenever I get the chance. Also, when I am pressed for time I need to have a backup plan.
I will not start out "balls to the wall" with everything. I will get one element of my focus rolling, then slowly incorporate something else. I will miss workouts, but I can't let that get me off track.
Goals (Will be updated as they are met)
Win someone to Christ, extend daily prayer time, read gospels + Mere Christianity + Screw Tape Letters, get plugged into a mission group at church
- Form and technique
Get my bench form in order. I have made improvements, but still need a TON of work.
Bench: 260 (Current: 210, Start 07/2011: 185)
Squat: 315 (Current: 245, Start 07/2011: 205)
Deadlift: 365 (Current: 295, Start 07/2011: 225)
Incorporate some of Ross Enamait's routines.
Push my lactic threshold
Run sub 6 minute 1.0 miles
Run sub 11 minute 1.5 miles
Run 5 miles
Cut down on cereal (love the stuff) and fast food
Tuesday - September 13, 2011
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 135x5, 155x5, 175x4, 185x3, 190x1, 196.5x1, 202x1
Incline Bench Alt DB Press Left Arm - 35x10, 40x10, 40x8
Incline Bench Alt DB Press Right Arm - 35x10, 40x10, 40x6
Box to Floor Pushups - 5, 4, 3
Flat Alt DB Press Left Arm - 35x10, 35x10, 35x10
Flat Alt DB Press Right Arm - 35x10, 35x10, 35x10
Machine Chest Press - 175x6, 235x5 negatives
Machine Chest Press (Burnout) - 190,175,150,135,120,105,90,75
Weighted Decline Situps - 10
Russian Twists - 10
DB Side Bend - 10
Leg Raises - 8
Plank - 2 minutes
-I made several improvements to my bench form today.
(1) kept my elbows in more.
(2) pushed from my feet all the way to my hands through the exercise.
(3) pinched my shoulder blades closer together
- Bench max from 183 to 202 over a month (most of this due to form)
- My chest felt much tighter than usual (again due to form)
Monday - September 19th, 2011
- Squats 5 min @ 95lbs - 81 reps
- DB Walking Lunges - 60x10, 60x10, 60x8
- Leg Press / Box Jumps (Superset) - 200x12, 12, 200x12, 12, 200x12, 12
- Calf Raises - 200x10, 200x10, 200x10
- Sumo Leg Press / Box Jumps (Superset) - 200x8, 8, 200x8, 8, 200x8, 8, 200x8, 8
- First endurance exercise like this with weights. Talk about brutal, man!
- After I killed my legs I went right into the rest of the session
- Loved the Sumo Presses, felt like I was hitting "missed" areas
- Had much difficultly walking rest of the day, left my legs in the gym
Tuesday - September 20th, 2011
BB Flat Bench
115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 185x3, 195x2, 205x1, 210x1
DB Front Raise
L - 20x10, 20x10, 20x10
R - 20x10, 20x10, 20x10
100x8, 115x8, 115x7, 100x8
DB Side Raise
L - 15x10, 15x10, 15x10
R - 15x10, 15x10, 15x10
Machine Bench Burn Out
170x13, 150x3, 130x3, 110x3, 70x9, 50x12
Single Step Pushup
L 7, 4, 2
R 6, 3, 2
- More improvements on bench form, my arms were too far apart
- Bench max from 202 to 210
- My Pecs felt like they were going to explode after workout
Can't go wrong with reading the Bible and C.S. Lewis is a nice addition.
Here is a nice video and article on bench form:
Sounds like you got things in order, conditioning Ross Enamait style sounds great.
I like your first post, I also learned that lesson the hard way. I put myself in this little training box and wouldn't let myself think outside of it. Wasted years like that. I am much more open minded now.
Thank you are the link, Commander! I will try to look at it in depth this evening. I looked a couple of your videos and I think I saw a PA license plate. Where in PA are you from?
Thursday - September 22nd, 2011
115x10, 115x10, 125x10
125x10, 125x10, 125x10
225x8, 225x8, 225x8
Straight Legged Deadlift
135x10, 135x10, 135x10
Bent Over Rows/Single Box Pushups
95x10, L=10, R=10
Bent Over Rows/Decline Box Pushups
Bent Over Rows/Walking Box Pushups
- Need to start heavier on Power Cleans, end heavier on Deadlift
- Form isn't great on Straight Legged Deadlift, not moving my hips much
- Still jerking my shoulders on Power Cleans a touch
East of Pittsburgh a bit.
We are in Charleston, WV for the time being, will probably move close to her mom within 5 years.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.