ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   In Depth Nutrition (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Intermittent fasting (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94597)

hammer20 04-17-2011 06:22 PM

Intermittent fasting

i was wondering what your guys thoughts on Intermittent fasting was?

Commander 04-18-2011 11:46 AM

I've been trying a hybrid between IF and T-Nation Pulse Fast. I like it thus far, I've been doing it for a few months.

joneser3eb 04-30-2011 12:16 AM

i have been doing a hybrid diet i got from stronglifts website. I have a 24 hour fast every wednesday. so far, i have had some great results from it. Plus on that day once i got used to it, i dont have any worries about making my meals. Its easy peasy

macker16 04-30-2011 01:30 AM

Does anyone here know much about the warrior diet (1 meal a day basically) and either support it or are against it??

kaaijer 06-29-2011 02:07 PM

I tried the warrior diet for a couple of weeks, but I felt weaker during work-outs. Now I incorporate 3 meals max a day. 2 meals (breakfast/diner) on off days and 3 meals (breakfast/BIG dinner/before bed) on training days. So no snacks whatsoever, just these meals. Ooh yeah, and regular fluid intake.

sosc 07-16-2011 02:21 AM

I have thought in the past about fasting, but never really
got around to trying it. You gotta be careful about what you
are ingesting while on your fast as it can be hazardous to
your health. Check out this book by Ann Louise Gittleman it
provides a lot of good info on the topic of fasting.

Charles Izzo 07-19-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macker16 (Post 917513)
Does anyone here know much about the warrior diet (1 meal a day basically) and either support it or are against it??

I read parts of the book. And while it was a good read in some ways, it was way too long and drawn out and lacking in scientific details, which is why I didn't read the whole thing. Some of it is unnecessarily way too complicated and I don't like the emphasis he put on supplements.

However, I did like some of his ideas on diet. I like how he talks about how predators only hunt when they are hungry and they get lazy and tired after a meal. That part was good.

So I don't follow his style. I took what I liked from the book (what made sense for me), and canned the rest.

Charles Izzo 07-19-2011 04:42 AM

I have tried IF for roughly 8 weeks now and so far the results are good. I lost several lbs that way and am leaner than I've been in a long time.

The style I have been messing with is 2 meals per day within an 8 hour window, similar to Martin Berkhan style, except without counting calories. And once or twice per week I'll skip a meal.

It is a continued experimentation.

Charles Izzo 07-19-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaaijer (Post 918873)
I tried the warrior diet for a couple of weeks, but I felt weaker during work-outs. Now I incorporate 3 meals max a day. 2 meals (breakfast/diner) on off days and 3 meals (breakfast/BIG dinner/before bed) on training days. So no snacks whatsoever, just these meals. Ooh yeah, and regular fluid intake.

Do you train in the fasted state? Or do you have at least one meal earlier in the day before your workout?

I have tried training in the fasted state for a handful of workouts and I'm not sure I like it so much. Since I typically like 2 meals later in the day and my workouts are in the morning, I am thinking I might start having small breakfasts on my workout days. A little bit of egg whites and maybe some potatoes, grits, or oatmeal might be all I need.

Charles Izzo 07-19-2011 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joneser3eb (Post 917510)
i have been doing a hybrid diet i got from stronglifts website. I have a 24 hour fast every wednesday. so far, i have had some great results from it. Plus on that day once i got used to it, i dont have any worries about making my meals. Its easy peasy

That's one thing I like about it too!