ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members' Discussion: (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   superbilt, You're in the Well (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94593)

arian11 04-15-2011 01:26 PM

superbilt, You're in the Well

Sorry superbilt, I have thrown you in the well.

How long have you been lifting and what got you started?

Commander 04-15-2011 01:49 PM

Barack Obama vs. Chris Christie in the octagon.

Who wins?

-----

Regarding NHL playoffs:

You are from New Jersey, but you are rooting for a Pennsylvania team, does that get you in trouble with the natives?

superbilt 04-15-2011 04:59 PM

Haha.

Arian- I first touched I weight when I was 13 because my friends did it, but I really did not start figuring it out (somewhat) till I was around 17. I took about a year off of weights to prepare for the Army and my training there when I was 20. Since then I have been consistent. I am 26 now.

Commander-
Chrsitie would probably eat Obama lol. It would be the Mafia vs. Secret Service lol.

I am a Flyers fan as well as every other Philadelphia team. I live in NY Giants/Jets/Yankees/Mets land. I love being a Philly fan because I get to start trouble with everyone lol. I would fit in better in South Jersey in regards to sports teams though.

Commander 04-15-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbilt (Post 917198)
Commander-
Chrsitie would probably eat Obama lol. It would be the Mafia vs. Secret Service lol.

Ha, ha, good answer! :D

----

Where are we at in terms of human potential? (lifting or otherwise)

Do you have any ideas of upper limits of squat/bench/deadlift strength? (I.E., will we ever see a 1000 lb raw bench press, 1500 lb raw squat/deadlift)

Where are you at in terms of your potential? (lifting or otherwise)

superbilt 04-15-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander (Post 917203)
Ha, ha, good answer! :D

----

Where are we at in terms of human potential? (lifting or otherwise)

In terms of human potential I don't think we are anywhere near the limits. In terms of lifting records are constantly broken.

Do you have any ideas of upper limits of squat/bench/deadlift strength? (I.E., will we ever see a 1000 lb raw bench press, 1500 lb raw squat/deadlift)

Well Big Benni just broke the 1000lb barrier in the DL (raw) and Robert Wilkerson squatted 1000lb raw. I think the numbers are getting insane to be honest. I tihink we can definately one days see 1200lb+ raw squat and dl and a near 1000lb raw bench if the guy is big enough and trains hard enough. I think those lifts could be acheived in under 20 years.

Where are you at in terms of your potential? (lifting or otherwise)

Liftingwise nowhere near my potential. My goal is total elite raw at 198. (1471 total) I will get there. Then who knows, maybe 220 elite or I will do more strongman? In terms of human potential I am always reading and learning to try to improve myself.

arian11 04-18-2011 05:36 PM

What exercise would you say you are the best or strongest at?
If not the exercise above, what is your favorite exercise to do?

superbilt 04-18-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arian11 (Post 917268)
What exercise would you say you are the best or strongest at?
If not the exercise above, what is your favorite exercise to do?

Well the deadlift is my best/strongest exercise. However, I have been making the best progress on my squat of late and not enough on the deadlift.

My favorite would still have to be the deadlift. With the log press a close second.

arian11 04-18-2011 08:29 PM

Haha, I had a feeling log press would be in there somewhere. It's a cool looking exercise too, I wish I had one to try it out.

Have you ever competed in any kind of lifting competition (i.e. powerlifting, strongman, or even bodybuilding)? If not, do you ever plan on competing?

bigbear6708 04-19-2011 05:07 PM

you mentioned Army. are you Reserves, National Guard, Active..prior or current? what was your MOS and best memory?

superbilt 04-21-2011 05:43 PM

Arian, I have competed in Powerlifting and Strongman. My next powerlifting meet is to be determined.

BigBear
I was in the Army National Guard as an Infantryman (11 Bravo). Best memory not the time I spent in Fort Benning for OSUT lol. I really don't know I guess I was pretty happy when I shot expert on the M-16 the first time. I remember at times I couldn't wait to get out and be done but then I ended up missing it at times.