ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   In Depth Nutrition (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Oats are tasty with milk. (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94392)

macker16 02-06-2011 09:42 AM

Oats are tasty with milk.

Everyone seems to have there oats with water so i was wondering whether its some kind of crime to have it with milk. Im young and bulking so surely its okay to have my morning oats with milk?? I could eat them with water if i had to it just makes them so bland.

oats + milk + sultanas = yummy.

I try to eat as clean as possible but i am 17 so i thought i would be able to get away with milking up my oats ;) and eating the odd bit of dark chocolate. Anyone think this is a bad idea?

arian11 02-06-2011 03:32 PM

Heh, that's fine. I have my oatmeal with milk and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. That way I get my combination of carbs, protein, and vitamins. Keep up the good work!

macker16 02-07-2011 06:46 AM

Yea nice combo man! I have my oats like that sometimes as well! Cheers man i will keep up the hard work :D

Wizard24 02-07-2011 03:58 PM

If you want some really good stuff try throwing down some coconut milk (from the can) in there. Good fats, good benefits and plenty of cals for a bulk. Plus it tastes great.

macker16 02-07-2011 11:16 PM

Coconut milk aye... i will have to give it a try! Do you use that instead of milk or mix it in with the milk?

Going off on a tangent here to meat products i think im going to start eating kangaroo! Im from Australia so kangaroo meat is very cheap and accessible and its like 2% fat and packed with protein!!! So it seems like a good option instead of beef.

niggles 02-08-2011 08:28 AM

hahah! man, im from australia too, and i rarely see kangaroo meat being sold :S. id love to try it though.

but apart from that, milk in oats is not a problem, i do it all the time.

macker16 02-08-2011 12:46 PM

Well im in Tasmania and yea its not really a problem buying it which is sweet. Adds a bit of variety to my diet! I shall continue having milk with my oats then!

Wizard24 02-08-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macker16 (Post 915248)
Coconut milk aye... i will have to give it a try! Do you use that instead of milk or mix it in with the milk?

I usually make my oatmeal with water and then add some coconut milk while cooking and a bit on top before eating. I think if I made it with just straight coconut milk it would be a bit to creamy for my liking, but give it a try if you want.

klosey 02-09-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macker16 (Post 915206)
Everyone seems to have there oats with water so i was wondering whether its some kind of crime to have it with milk. Im young and bulking so surely its okay to have my morning oats with milk?? I could eat them with water if i had to it just makes them so bland.

oats + milk + sultanas = yummy.

I try to eat as clean as possible but i am 17 so i thought i would be able to get away with milking up my oats ;) and eating the odd bit of dark chocolate. Anyone think this is a bad idea?

odd bit of dark chocolate will cause no harm.. if you can keep it to an odd bit :)

macker16 02-09-2011 11:26 AM

haha dont worry man i keep to an ''odd' amount - 23 is usually my number. kidding :p