ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   In Depth Nutrition (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Apple cider vinegar death (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94391)

Algavinn 02-04-2011 08:22 PM

Apple cider vinegar death

I've been meaning to try this stuff for years and finally ran across it the other day, and so gave it a shot straight this morning. It was like choking on fire. Aside from salad dressings, can some one give me a suggestion as to how to take this without it stripping my throat?

Crombie 02-05-2011 12:07 AM

Considering it is an acid, I cannot imagine taking it straight will be an easy option. I always mixed it into a salad dressing, or into a shake.

Algavinn 02-05-2011 12:54 AM

What kind of shake are you adding it to and how much of an impact does it make on the taste/do you neutralize the acidity at all?

bigironcross 02-05-2011 01:46 PM

I've heard of people mixing it with water and honey for health benefits. I never tried it myself. But, some old timers used to do it.

rubadub 02-06-2011 04:13 AM

Chase it down with more water, I was taking it for a while, I would throw down a shot glass full and follow with a half pint of water. Treat it like tequila!

Commander 02-07-2011 12:41 AM

Use a little bit of water if you have to, I actually can take it straight, I think you will find in a few weeks that the taste grows on you.

Wizard24 02-07-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigironcross (Post 915188)
I've heard of people mixing it with water and honey for health benefits. I never tried it myself. But, some old timers used to do it.

I used to do this every morning. You will have no problem getting your cider vinegar with this method.

Algavinn 02-09-2011 07:34 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give this a try in a few days when I can get some fresh honey.

Jinx5000 02-12-2011 05:09 PM

I always add some to my homemade spaghetti sauce.

2 cans roma tomatoes (crushed by hand
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup splenda sugar (to balance the acidity)

1 dices sweet onion
5 cloves garlic

2 lbs ground beef/turkey
2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms

Steps:

- crush roma tomatoes in an extra large sauce pan
- add diced tomatoes, sauce and paste
- turn on high until it starts to bubble and reduce to low

- sautee mushrooms and onions in 2Tbsp EVOO until soft and onions are translucent
- add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to release flavor
- place this mix into the sauce

- cook 2 lbs of ground meat in pre-seasoned veggie skillet
- drain excess grease if any
- place in sauce pan

-add fresh basil, thyme, rosemary

- cover w/ just a little crack and cook for 3-4 hours
- stir every 20-30 minutes to avoid the bottom from burning

Serve with noodles of choice and top w/ freshly grated parm/pecorino

Ratcat 02-14-2011 08:58 AM

I'll have to post my pasta recipe now. :) 100 grams of plain flour. 100 grams of wholemeal flour. 2 eggs and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix it together till it's just turned to a stiff dough. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour wrapped in glad wrap then make your favorite pasta. :)
Yes i know this is a bodybuilding forum. I'm going now. I've got chops to eat.:)
Is the apple cider vinegar for your stomach? I take a probiotic. (Inner Health Plus) It's made a huge difference to my weight since my cancer treatment. I tried stopping it before christmas and went backwards so I've started again and all good again. Cheers. :)