ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Supplement Reviews (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Creatine Timing (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94250)

Rpowell 12-12-2010 08:51 AM

Creatine Timing
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am currently taking creatine about 10 min after my workout. It is a creatine dextrose mix. I am wondering how long after i take the creatine is it worknig at its best, same goes for protien. I am also taking Humalog insulin immedately after my workout between 4-6 units. I know that this insulin begins to work immediately and is working at its best 30 min after. I just wanted to time it so that all my supplements and the insulin are working at their max at the same times. Let me know thanks.

klosey 12-15-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpowell (Post 913790)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am currently taking creatine about 10 min after my workout. It is a creatine dextrose mix. I am wondering how long after i take the creatine is it worknig at its best, same goes for protien. I am also taking Humalog insulin immedately after my workout between 4-6 units. I know that this insulin begins to work immediately and is working at its best 30 min after. I just wanted to time it so that all my supplements and the insulin are working at their max at the same times. Let me know thanks.

the humalog is a useless supplement.
creatine i take immediatly after workout and 30 mins pre workout
protein immediatly post workout

WorkoutMchne 12-15-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klosey (Post 913864)
creatine i take immediatly after workout and 30 mins pre workout
protein immediatly post workout

Klosey, are you an advocate of 10grams per day of creatine (or at least on training days) as opposed to 5? I assume this since you are taking a serving both before and after. I was thinking about moving to 10 on training days next time I use it instead of just 5 grams post-training. Have you noticed any difference between 5 and 10 with your results?

klosey 12-16-2010 12:18 AM

Yes I like 10g a day it may sound daft but the muscle just feels stronger like it's not taking as much effort to do a rep, I'm working by 1g per 25lb body weight so when I drop to 220-230 I may drop a gram

Carl 02-19-2011 06:16 AM

Klosey,
Do you take your creatine with dextrose or table sugar?

bigbear6708 02-20-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne (Post 913891)
Klosey, are you an advocate of 10grams per day of creatine (or at least on training days) as opposed to 5? I assume this since you are taking a serving both before and after. I was thinking about moving to 10 on training days next time I use it instead of just 5 grams post-training. Have you noticed any difference between 5 and 10 with your results?

Mike,

for the longest time I would not load and just maintain 5g daily; PWO on training days. last time I ran a cycle i actually loaded 25g a day for a week, then 5 g a day after. Cant really say I noticed much difference. When do you run it...when doing volume, or peaking???

klosey 02-21-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl (Post 915630)
Klosey,
Do you take your creatine with dextrose or table sugar?

no i've started using Creatine Gluconate.. which has its own delivery system

Carl 02-22-2011 08:40 PM

Creatine Gluconate
 
Have you been dosing the Creatine Gluconate long enough to assess whether or not it is equal to or greater than Creatine Monohydrate? From what I have just read on the internet about Creatine Gluconate, it may assimilate into the cells at a higher %age rate compared to Creatine Monohydrate. I am eager to hear what you have to say. Thanks.

klosey 02-23-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl (Post 915720)
Have you been dosing the Creatine Gluconate long enough to assess whether or not it is equal to or greater than Creatine Monohydrate? From what I have just read on the internet about Creatine Gluconate, it may assimilate into the cells at a higher %age rate compared to Creatine Monohydrate. I am eager to hear what you have to say. Thanks.

been on it over a month.. it seems to be better.. i can only say seems. i take xtend during workouts and on the creatine gluconate i have noticed better muscle pump

superbilt 03-01-2011 05:14 PM

The only difference I ever notice from loading it was bloating and pissing most of it out. I like to take it pre and postworkout. I don't take it on off days. May be I will try it to see if I notice a difference.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.