ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Injury Analysis (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Shoulder "Clicking" (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94238)

Riss 12-09-2010 03:43 AM

Shoulder "Clicking"

I'm actually not sure when I first noticed (I've only been working out hard core for about the past yr and a half), but every time I work out my shoulders, they "click" near the top of the exercise. I don't experience any pain, but it is annoying. Lateral raises and other similar exercises aggravate my shoulders the most. Anyone have any ideas on what may be the cause and if I need to see someone before the problem worsens?

Thanks in advance!! :)

HardCory 12-09-2010 10:20 PM

If there's no pain it's usually being caused by the soft tissue in the joint. Yes, hearing the popping and clicking is annoying, but no need for alarm. If you do start experiences pain this may indicate damage to the surface of the joint (i.e., labrum). So I'd say as long as you're not experiencing any pain you're good to go.

joneser3eb 12-13-2010 10:40 PM

try to do the exercise (while still doing it correctly) to see if you can make your shoulder not click. only reason i am saying. i have had a few shoulder injuries and they started out with just clicking but eventually turned into pain. just be careful with it and make sure you are not injuring it.

AJR415 12-22-2010 01:33 AM

I have a lot of clicks.... probably not good

Venom 12-25-2010 05:52 PM

Injuries are not my expertise, but I can relate to your problem. My shoulders constantly make clicking noises, and they are actually pretty tight and uncomfortable...I seem to store a lot of stress around that area and my traps. Usually it does not stop me from training but it is annoying and sometimes painful.

HardCory 12-25-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 914110)
Injuries are not my expertise, but I can relate to your problem. My shoulders constantly make clicking noises, and they are actually pretty tight and uncomfortable...I seem to store a lot of stress around that area and my traps. Usually it does not stop me from training but it is annoying and sometimes painful.

I'd get it checked out Gabe, I was experiencing a sharp pain while doing incline, I ignored it for awhile and ended up dislocating my shoulder which led to my recent surgery. From my experience having it looked at would be in your best interest, just to be safe.

ahlgrena 12-25-2010 09:33 PM

Its just another one of those annoyances that comes with the territory. Shoulders take a lot of abuse and clicking seems to bve one of their outlets, ha.

Venom 12-25-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardCory (Post 914111)
I'd get it checked out Gabe, I was experiencing a sharp pain while doing incline, I ignored it for awhile and ended up dislocating my shoulder which led to my recent surgery. From my experience having it looked at would be in your best interest, just to be safe.

I should...I have had shoulder issues for a decade. It sucks. I don't get it. I would not be surprised if I have some bone spurs actually.

.C.D. 12-25-2010 10:58 PM

When i do some exercises with my shoulders i have a popping sound. Even when I'm just standing and i can rotate my arms in a circle they do it. when i do some lower ab workouts by lifting my legs I have a pop happen in my hip. they don't hurt. A gymnast friend of mine says that fish oils may help out that pop.

Venom 12-25-2010 11:28 PM

I take pretty much every anti-inflammatory agent (i.e. fish oil) and joint support formula (i.e. glucosamine) you can think of...it helps with injuries, but still get the popping....