ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Article Review and Discussion (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ABC...Team Occlusion wants your thoughts (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92965)

will-work4andro 11-16-2009 05:13 PM

ABC...Team Occlusion wants your thoughts

Oxidative stress has not been demonstrated to increase with partial occlusion and exercise. However, when partial occlusion is applied without exercise, the oxidative stress response is similar to that of 70% 1RM to failure. Why do you think this occurs? The current two postulations are as follows:

1)the muscle contractions during the partial occlusion were able to overcome the resistance to venous outflow, which helped remove the oxidative stress markers from circulation

or

2) the pressures during the contractions were sufficient to enhance blood flow during the muscle contractions to enable adequate blood flow delivery to overcome the partical vascular restriction.

i'm not sure if either one of those are correct...do you guys have any theories as to why occlusion with exercise results in no elevation in oxidative stress?

Commander 11-16-2009 05:17 PM

Does it have to be either/or? Both postulations make sense to me, I think each could contribute to relieving oxidative stress.

will-work4andro 11-17-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander (Post 898006)
Does it have to be either/or? Both postulations make sense to me, I think each could contribute to relieving oxidative stress.

i don't buy either one...i think HSP's might play some role

klosey 11-17-2009 08:18 AM

2. as this could 'possibly' explain which occlussion increases vasucularity if the formation of new veins is the bodies way of getting round the restriction

will-work4andro 11-17-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klosey (Post 898033)
2. as this could 'possibly' explain which occlussion increases vasucularity if the formation of new veins is the bodies way of getting round the restriction

definitely great ideas Commander and Klosey...gotta love ABC...i'm not sure how much of a role this played in the study though Klosey because it was an acute study, so i doubt that the angiogenesis would've taken place.

what do you guys think about the possibility that HSP's might've played a role? any other ideas guys?

klosey 11-17-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will-work4andro (Post 898049)
definitely great ideas Commander and Klosey...gotta love ABC...i'm not sure how much of a role this played in the study though Klosey because it was an acute study, so i doubt that the angiogenesis would've taken place.

what do you guys think about the possibility that HSP's might've played a role? any other ideas guys?

here is the thing though, to my knowledge there is no study to show how long the body takes to start to adapt to this, could be days could be months, if boxers can start to acclimatise when training at high altitude after a few days, some elite climbers say they can adjust to the oxygen drop in a matter of hours, i see no reason why angiogeneisis (or the start of/pathways for) couldnt happen.

HSP? is what way bro? i know starvation and oxygen deprivation can increase in production of HSP's.

will-work4andro 11-17-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klosey (Post 898055)
here is the thing though, to my knowledge there is no study to show how long the body takes to start to adapt to this, could be days could be months, if boxers can start to acclimatise when training at high altitude after a few days, some elite climbers say they can adjust to the oxygen drop in a matter of hours, i see no reason why angiogeneisis (or the start of/pathways for) couldnt happen.

HSP? is what way bro? i know starvation and oxygen deprivation can increase in production of HSP's.

KAATSU has demonstrated an increase in HSP's and HSP's have demonstrated the ability to block ROS. just a thought

klosey 11-17-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will-work4andro (Post 898057)
KAATSU has demonstrated an increase in HSP's and HSP's have demonstrated the ability to block ROS. just a thought

interesting idea, i'd personally like to see a longer study, maybe a 3 or 6 week to see if the oxidative stress response reduces or stays the same