ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Supplement Reviews (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Fat burners? (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92906)

AJR415 11-02-2009 11:13 PM

Fat burners?

I am at about 15% BF and no matter what I do with my diet and exercise it seems I am always at that percentage. Whether I eat a bunch of crap or run my a** off, I never really gain or lose fat, and I am wondering if I should just try Hydroxycut or something just to cut a little bit. Are fat burning supplements any good or should I not touch them? If they are, does anyone know of any that might be good for what I am trying to do?

HardCory 11-03-2009 12:10 AM

What exactly have you tried to do with your diet? What's your height and weight, how many calories are you intaking? What kind of cardio are you doing? Intensity, Frequency, and Duration?

Chee 11-03-2009 04:42 AM

Just get straight up caffiene pills, only a few bucks for 100 of them. Take 30-45 mins pre-workout. If you would respond to any "fat burner" on the market, you will respond to caffiene since its pretty much main ingredient in all of those.

AJR415 11-03-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardCory (Post 897270)
What exactly have you tried to do with your diet? What's your height and weight, how many calories are you intaking? What kind of cardio are you doing? Intensity, Frequency, and Duration?

I dont count calories or anything like that. I haven't really tried any extreme diets yet and because I am 17, I still live at home so my dinner is the same as whatever my family eats. We usually have steaks or burgers or something like that. For lunch I eat a power bar, a fiber one bar, and a gatorade to drink. I don't usually eat breakfast. As a snack I might have a buttered bagel or a banana or something. I am 5'10" 165.

How exactly does caffeine alone make you burn fat?

Chee 11-03-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJR415 (Post 897285)
I dont count calories or anything like that. I haven't really tried any extreme diets yet and because I am 17, I still live at home so my dinner is the same as whatever my family eats. We usually have steaks or burgers or something like that. For lunch I eat a power bar, a fiber one bar, and a gatorade to drink. I don't usually eat breakfast. As a snack I might have a buttered bagel or a banana or something. I am 5'10" 165.

Frees up fatty acids to be metabolized. Gives you more energy and decreases fatigue, thereby allowing you to workout harder/longer. Maybe a slight thermogenic effect as well.

There used to be a good article on this site regarding caffiene, but I think it was taken down after some of the findings may have been contradicted by another study. I don't know, haha.

AJR415 11-03-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee (Post 897315)
Frees up fatty acids to be metabolized. Gives you more energy and decreases fatigue, thereby allowing you to workout harder/longer. Maybe a slight thermogenic effect as well.

There used to be a good article on this site regarding caffiene, but I think it was taken down after some of the findings may have been contradicted by another study. I don't know, haha.

oh maybe ill give that a try if its cheap

Chee 11-04-2009 02:34 AM

The ones I take are only $3.89 for 100. That ought to be in your price range. I built up to taking 2 at a time preworkout (400mg total), but started with only 1 (200mg). So that should be at least a 3 month supply for you.

Most of the caffiene in caffiene pills comes from decaf coffee. That's why it's so cheap.

AJR415 11-04-2009 04:58 PM

true dat!!!

Charles Izzo 11-04-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJR415 (Post 897285)

So your diet is complete garbage and you are complaining that no matter what you do your composition won't improve. And then you want a magic pill on top of that?

Caffeine won't do you any good. If anything, too much caffeine is bad for you. Its also counterproductive to your fat loss because it increases cortisol levels. It helps you feel more energetic and less hungry and if you workout with it you will probably lose fat, initially that is. But the problem with that is that it is not the right approach. What ever you lose will come right back on because you didn't take the time to do things correctly and make your diet right and develop good eating habits.

On the other hand if you take a look at the real problem, which is obviously your diet, figure out what is wrong with it and how to fix it, you will feel better and more energetic, the fat will come off easily, and you will be able to keep it off a lot more easily.

Its time to start asking the right questions. How to fix your diet? You don't have to cut a lot of calories or anything like that. You mainly have to switch to better eating habits. To begin with you don't eat breakfast which is bad, your lunch is junk instead of real food, your snack is junk, and I don't know about your dinner. Thats only 2-3 meals per day, 2 of them not even being real meals. You need at least 5 meals per day; you can get away with 2 of them being protein shakes.

Start asking questions in the diet section. How about, how can you make your diet better? People will help. Believe it or not there actually is simple solutions. The 13 weeks diet plan on this website for example is really good, but if counting calories at this time is too complicated there actually is more simple ways you can set things up as a beginners diet. Easy!

AJR415 11-05-2009 12:23 AM

I don't see how my diet is COMPLETE garbage. I admitted to not being that careful with it, but it isn't like I eat junk food all day. The stuff I eat is just what is most convenient for me. I don't buy lunch at school because eating that food is like eating dog crap out of my backyard. The stuff I bring for lunch is just an easy quick energy source for during the day. I also did make another thread about what I can eat for breakfast, which you obviously did not see. I figure a bowl of oatmeal and a shake or something would be good, based on the posts made in that thread. My dinners are good and I don't worry about them because I usually have some sort of meat with a vegetable side dish. The only reason I asked about pills is because I know wrestlers who have used hydroxycut to cut weight, and I wanted to hear some other opinions about something like that.

The main problem with my diet is really not enough calories, and I need some healthy snacks that can help boost up my calories. I need to have around 3000 calories and I have been trying to count lately, and am only getting about 2000, which is average but not good for making gains. Any suggestions on how to boost my calorie count with a healthy approach would help a lot more than just telling me my diet sucks.