ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members' Discussion: (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ryancostill, You're in the Well (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91506)

Commander 03-31-2009 05:30 PM

Ryancostill, You're in the Well

Your mission, should you choose to accept it.....just kidding, you know the drill.

Plus, if you accept, you get to be the only person with the chance to nominate a second person to be in the well!

First Question:
How has your life been different as compared to how you initially imagined it to be?

maverickBU 03-31-2009 07:24 PM

ryancostill was my second choice, happy to see this one.

What's the workout for your next weight training day?

fightbackhxc21 03-31-2009 07:40 PM

if you could be known for one thing in life what would it be?

rootb33r 03-31-2009 08:11 PM

I am not familiar with Ryancostill at all... care to describe yourself?

Height/weight?
Training style?
Diet?
Hobbies?
What is training to you; what kind of role does it play in your life?
Single/married?
Education?

ryancostill 03-31-2009 08:24 PM

first

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootb33r (Post 880686)
I am not familiar with Ryancostill at all... care to describe yourself?

Height/weight?
Training style?
Diet?
Hobbies?
What is training to you; what kind of role does it play in your life?
Single/married?
Education?

I think it makes sense to do this one first.

I'm 5'10". As a weightlifter I think of my weight in kilos. I am 88kg right now (194lbs) but I lift in the 85kg class (187lbs).
I train exclusively for weightlifting (Olympic sport consisting of snatch and clean and jerk)
Diet? - Cant describe it any more simply as trying my best to eat clean, about 45-30-25 CHO-PRO-FAT ratio, carbs drop considerably as I get closer to weighing in for competition.
I have a long term girlfriend.
I have a degree in sports and exercise science and I recently just finished my PhD in sports biomechanics.

ryancostill 03-31-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander (Post 880660)
Your mission, should you choose to accept it.....just kidding, you know the drill.

Plus, if you accept, you get to be the only person with the chance to nominate a second person to be in the well!

First Question:
How has your life been different as compared to how you initially imagined it to be?

As a teenager I was convinced my future in a sporting context would be in high level, hopefully professional rugby. But that didnt work out. I am in weightlifting now but very happy to be. Ironically I am still involved in high level rugby but as a strength and conditioning coach, not a player. Its a good substitute!

ryancostill 03-31-2009 08:29 PM

training

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickBU (Post 880679)
ryancostill was my second choice, happy to see this one.

What's the workout for your next weight training day?

I am in a competition phase of training (national championships in 4 weeks). I have tomorrow off but on Thursday I am working up to about 4 singles reps at about 90-95% of my best snatch so I will hopefully hit 90-100kg (198 - 220lbs) for a few reps. I will be aiming to hit a single rep of about 95% in the clean and jerk (hopefully hit 135kg, 297lbs, for a single rep), then it will be a couple of heavy sets of 2 in the front squat (probably about 170kg, 375lbs). Thats the hope anyway!!!

ryancostill 03-31-2009 08:29 PM

help

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 (Post 880680)
if you could be known for one thing in life what would it be?

For being someone who helped people and built relationships with people that impacted their life positively.

Ordo Ab Chao 03-31-2009 10:01 PM

what team/club do you train? How long have you been with them?

ryancostill 04-01-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordo Ab Chao (Post 880696)
what team/club do you train? How long have you been with them?

I dont want to say too much as I like to have a certain degree of internet anonymity. So I wont name the specific teams. If you really know your rugby and want more specifics, you can drop me a PM.

I am based in Ireland where rugby is one of the biggest sports.

Last season I worked as a part-time strength coach (just in the gym) with a professional side. It was especially exciting as we won the European Cup (the biggest competition) in that season. I am not working with that team this season. The same season I was also working part-time with a semi-professional club side who I am continuing to work with this season. That is more of a strength AND conditioning job. I do a lot of work with them in the gym but also alot of sports specific fitness stuff on the field. I work alot with players comign back from injury too, which I really enjoy. Last season we got promoted into the top division which was fantastic but this season we are struggling a little, hopefully we will have enough to stay in the top division but relegation is a possibility.