ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   In Depth Nutrition (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bulking diet advice please =] (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91491)

=Z28= 03-30-2009 04:31 AM

Bulking diet advice please =]

Hey, so I've read a few articles on here, and have been working out and eating fairly well for the past 3 months or so. Gone from 140lbs doing mostly just dumbbell curls *laughs* to 180lbs (plateau kind of, now) with squats, bench, and deadlifts. I'm a "hard gainer" I guess, but the beginner gains were very good to me so far.

K, so my current diet on my good days are looking like this:

meal 1- (6-7am)
1 cup oatmeal
1 Med. Banana
1 Cup 2% Milk
1 scoop whey

meal 2- (9 or 10am)
2 eggs
2 slices of bread
1 slice cheese

meal 3- (noon)
4oz chicken breast / or about 13 small sized shrimp
1 whole broccoli (should i eat the stems too?)
1 cup brown rice / OR 1 cup yogurt mixed with some oatmeal
1 apple, and sometimes an orange too.

meal 4- (2 or 3pm)
1 can of tuna
2 slices of bread
1 fat lettuce leaf
some mayo/relish (tbsp each about)

meal 5- (5 or 6pm)
right now, it's random, but next week I plan to be doing 1 or 2 turkey burgers here.

meal 6- (9pm)
1 cup oatmeal, milk, and a scoop of casein.

I know you guys know your stuff, so any comments would be very welcomed and appreciated. I've considered incorporating big macs into the diet but I'm convinced there's a better way :p

niggles 03-30-2009 07:33 AM

when abouts do you train? which is your pre and post workout meal?

Commander 03-30-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =Z28= (Post 880477)

I know you guys know your stuff, so any comments would be very welcomed and appreciated. I've considered incorporating big macs into the diet but I'm convinced there's a better way :p

You are eating healthy foods already, just eat more of them don't make it complicated and don't eat the Big Mac. If your progress stalls, then figure out a way to increase your calories by 250-500 or so and monitor it for a week or two to see if you start gaining again.

=Z28= 03-30-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niggles (Post 880484)
when abouts do you train? which is your pre and post workout meal?

always in the afternoon, usually about 4-6pm depending on when i get home for that day. if i'm feeling well fed i'll just down a shake then go at it, and my 5th meal would be the post work out meal (shortly after the post-wo shake).

on the days where i come home hungry i'll slam a shake and eat some carbs, then get into a workout, another shake and another meal afterwards, followed by the oatmeal at 9pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander (Post 880508)
You are eating healthy foods already, just eat more of them don't make it complicated and don't eat the Big Mac. If your progress stalls, then figure out a way to increase your calories by 250-500 or so and monitor it for a week or two to see if you start gaining again.

Haha, alright man. Thanks. I just got some fat free popcorn so I'll be fitting that in there somewhere.

Fahsy 03-31-2009 03:36 AM

I would add a tablespoon of pb to a few meals... that should get things moving in the right direction.

fightbackhxc21 03-31-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fahsy (Post 880571)
I would add a tablespoon of pb to a few meals... that should get things moving in the right direction.

i agree! Besides peanut butter is amazing.