ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardcore Training (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Super Squats for Intermediate? (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89856)

JamesBaller 09-29-2008 10:38 PM

Super Squats for Intermediate?

Hey, I've been working out on and off for a few years now and have tried a few routines from GVT to the mass building/bulking routine on this site and was interested in trying out this routine called supersquats. It's basically a full body workout a couple of times a week and is centred around one huge set off rest-pause squats and a couple other exercises like bench and pullups. I was just wondering if you guys think this routine will work well for someone who has been working out for a while already or if this is just a beginners routine. Thanks for any advice.
James.

spider-man 09-30-2008 12:14 AM

there really isn't 'beginner' routines or 'advanced' routines. What works, works.

if it works for a beginner, it will work for an advanced athlete, as well.

niggles 09-30-2008 01:27 AM

full body workouts are the best imo. however it will depend on you. you should try it and if you see results stick to it. what may work for us, may not work for you.

however that program does seem enjoyable :P...well everything centered around squats are enjoyable!

klosey 09-30-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spider-man (Post 861048)
there really isn't 'beginner' routines or 'advanced' routines. What works, works.

there is the phrase that should be on a t shirt.

no begineers, no advanced, what works, works

JamesBaller 09-30-2008 06:33 PM

Alright thanks alot for the input guys, I guess I'll just give it a shot.

maverickBU 09-30-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spider-man (Post 861048)

I think that's true 99% of the time, but there are certain workouts that are specifically for beginners and specifcally for advanced trainees.

For example, a high rep, low weight, low intensity, low to moderate volume routine is typical for a true beginner looking to acclimate their muscles and recovery system to the stress of real resistance training for the first time. On the other hand, DC is a protocol that doesn't work very well for those with less than advanced lifting numbers as the shear load is part of the key to growth in only one rest-paused set (obviously the frequency and intensity are the other main keys).

spider-man 09-30-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickBU (Post 861112)
I think that's true 99% of the time, but there are certain workouts that are specifically for beginners and specifcally for advanced trainees.

The only thing that a advanced trainee should do differently than a beginner, is do the exercise with more intensity. Not more volume, especially not more frequency. Just more intensity(sorry i had to edit that i had a brain fart). The advanced trainee should find ways to make the exercise HARDER....

Darkest God 10-06-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spider-man (Post 861119)
The only thing that a advanced trainee should do differently than a beginner, is do the exercise with more intensity. Not more volume, especially not more frequency. Just more volume. The advanced trainee should find ways to make the exercise HARDER....

So not more volume, just more volume? that's worth a quote :D
But yeah, the routines should stay the same, just the techniques should vary... I mean, a beginner shouldn't even attempt some of these techs or he risks injuries... But that's the best way to add intensity!

spider-man 10-06-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkest God (Post 861471)

So not more volume, just more volume? that's worth a quote :D
But yeah, the routines should stay the same, just the techniques should vary... I mean, a beginner shouldn't even attempt some of these techs or he risks injuries... But that's the best way to add intensity!

ha ha sorry i meant to say more intensity:D im a little silly haha