ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardcore Training (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Bicep peak question (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89191)

Rhineheart 06-26-2008 10:26 PM

Bicep peak question

My roommates and I take progress pictures every other Monday to gauge our results and see if we need to make any significant changes on our fitness plan. Last Monday we took couple flex pics for fun and I noticed that I really have no bicep peak at all. I've got fairly large biceps, enough to fill my sleeves anyway, but when I flex I have no real peak at all.

Is a good bicep peak genetic? Because even if I get down to 5% BF I can't really see them becoming any better.

If bicep shape isn't very genetic, what workouts can be done to improve them?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, at the end of summer I'll post some pics.

jp10 06-26-2008 11:45 PM

Re: Bicep peak question

Biceps peak its all genetics as far as I know.
Some people say that there are some exercises to increase your peak like concentration curls, preacher curls or static contractions, but I believe that the shape of yor muscle is all genetics.
You can try them out and see your results.

Rhineheart 06-27-2008 02:37 AM

I think my next bicep regiment will involve preachers and concentrations. Thanks for the input.

niggles 06-27-2008 06:03 AM

sadly, muscle shape (peak of your bicep) is highly reliant on genetics. though exercises like concentration curls, preacher curls and pullups do give you the greatest possible peak your bicep can acquire.

spider-man 06-27-2008 06:42 AM

yuppers, its genes.

klosey 06-27-2008 07:16 AM

look at arnie's pics of his prime his right was huge but left didnt peak as much

TexAg 06-27-2008 02:11 PM

my right is bigger than my left, but I think its cause its the one that always gets flexed throughout the day when im checking my progress.

spad87 06-27-2008 02:48 PM

The best exercise for peak is standing barbell curls. Your wrist is supinated throughout the whole rep and it works best for concentrating on the peak of your bicep. Preacher curls are great but they have a similar effect on your bis as reverse grip, they are actually great for thickening. I would give barbell curls a try for a few weeks and see how it works.

Commander 06-27-2008 03:39 PM

Preachers have been mentioned as good for peak, but look at Larry Scott's biceps, they are extremely full, but don't have great peak and he practically made the preacher curl famous.

I would have to say genetics is the main factor.

klosey 06-27-2008 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preachers have been mentioned as good for peak, but look at Larry Scott's biceps, they are extremely full, but don't have great peak and he practically made the preacher curl famous.

I would have to say genetics is the main factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad example larry scott to be honest wopuld of had good arms if just did jumping jacks