ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Psychology of Bodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   cognitive motivation: a day by day stuff (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89104)

andresono 06-13-2008 03:39 AM

cognitive motivation: a day by day stuff

Nobody likes the gym, im the only of my friends who really likes to workout.. sometimes going to the gym is a drag.. tedious workouts.. the same people on the gym, tired of the routine.. bad music.. i mena no motivation at aall. my motivation comes from 2 things: 1. my physical results, i mean im more fit, handsome and attractive to others, 2. my strenght results, for example my load progress makes me happy. The physical results are the most important, one you get social attention and complimments because of your gym results, i couldnt stop... it triggered a cognitive inner voice/belief that constantly tell me: you have to be cuter than yesterday... i have to be more intelligent than yesterday... i have to be a better person than yesterday... i have to eat plenty and healthier.. i mean... theres a cognitive scheme that makes myself in a constant state of growing in every aspect of my life: be more intelligent, be more handsome, be more cool, expnad your limits everyday... nothing is impossible....

klosey 06-17-2008 11:23 AM

Re: cognitive motivation: a day by day stuff

there is only one goal when i go to gym, couldn't care less about anyone. my goal is to push past what my mind says is possible

majinbijiita 06-17-2008 03:56 PM

You are letting other people's actions have control over your feelings, which will always screw you over.

You have to want to get strong/healthy/fit for yourself, not because of what other people will think of you.

You know what I mean? Besides, who really wants shallow friends, or a shallow girlfriend? You will know who your true friends when you are in trouble, and it won't be the ones who only liked you for what you have.

klosey 06-18-2008 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are letting other people's actions have control over your feelings, which will always screw you over.

You have to want to get strong/healthy/fit for yourself, not because of what other people will think of you.

You know what I mean? Besides, who really wants shallow friends, or a shallow girlfriend? You will know who your true friends when you are in trouble, and it won't be the ones who only liked you for what you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

ever noticed you get this phrase alot? 'going to the gym again whats the point?' this generally comes from the pot smokers or the idiots pissing away a k a month on booze

Commander 06-18-2008 01:49 PM

Working out is never a problem, I am always motivated, heck, when I finish my workout I am already excited about the next one.

zerobounds 07-08-2008 02:38 PM

I get WAY more done when I go to the gym alone, having a partner there to spot is handy but I notice im way more focused and into the workout if I'm alone and can drop some weight and consider what i just did right, wrong, how i did last time with this, how my body is reacting today, if i ate something to hinder my performance, whatever. But I always tend to ignore everybody, dont go to show everybody up.

I get plenty of kicks watching so many people in there wearing name brand clothes like they had to spend 45 minutes 'getting ready for the gym'.

Work out for yourself, man.

klosey 07-09-2008 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get WAY more done when I go to the gym alone, having a partner there to spot is handy but I notice im way more focused and into the workout if I'm alone and can drop some weight and consider what i just did right, wrong, how i did last time with this, how my body is reacting today, if i ate something to hinder my performance, whatever. But I always tend to ignore everybody, dont go to show everybody up.

I get plenty of kicks watching so many people in there wearing name brand clothes like they had to spend 45 minutes 'getting ready for the gym'.

Work out for yourself, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

at moment me and training partner are doing the im better and it is working so far in 3 weeks put 6kg on bench, 4kg on triceps and 4 on militray press without sacrificing form. all we do is every set have a go at each other saying stufff like my gran can lift more and we buried her 6 month ago. etc but yeah it seems to work

Venom 07-10-2008 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all we do is every set have a go at each other saying stufff like my gran can lift more and we buried her 6 month ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I literally LOL on that one. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

klosey 07-14-2008 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all we do is every set have a go at each other saying stufff like my gran can lift more and we buried her 6 month ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I literally LOL on that one. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

daft thing is though it works, week by week the weight is rising