ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   DaveV "one more road to cross" - would love feedback (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89018)

DaveV 05-31-2008 10:24 AM

DaveV \"one more road to cross\" - would love feedback

I'm giving working out a try again. I used to be an alcoholic and let my body turn into mush. I'm serious about it now and really want to succeed. Won't be able to afford a proper gym for 2 months but have some weights in my basement to use in the meantime.

<u>Current Supplements</u>
Whey

<u>Current Goal</u>
Lose 40lbs and trim 2" off my waistline

DaveV 05-31-2008 04:01 PM

Re: DaveV \"one more road to cross\" - would love feedback

<u>Meals</u>

#1 - steak sandwich

#2 - steak sandwich

#3 - 2 tablespoon peanut butter on 1 slice of whole wheat bread, 1 scoop whey w/ water

#4 - can of tuna mixed w/ 1 tablespoon of fat reduced salad dressing on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread, banana

#5 - 2 scoop whey w/ water

cal - 1479
fat - 45g (28%)
carb - 114g (28%)
prot - 162g (44%)

DaveV 06-01-2008 08:45 AM

<u>Training</u>
DB curl 1x12 (15lbs) warmup
Tricep extensions 1x12 (10lbs warmup)

BB curl 1x12 (15lbs), 1x12 (20lbs), 1x10 (35lbs), 1x7 (25lbs)
Tricep extensions 1x10 (15lbs)
Close grip bench 1x12 (36lbs), 1x12 (36lbs), 1x10 (46lbs)

20 minute PWO cardio on bike

<u>Meals</u>

#1 - 6oz steak, half a baked potato, half a cup of sauteed mushrooms, can of diet cola (for caffeine)

#2 - 2 scoops whey PWO

#3 - 2 whole eggs 1 egg white scrambled, half a baked potato

#4 - 12oz steak

#5 - 1 scoop whey

cal - 2105
fat - 96g (40%)
carb - 66g (12%)
prot - 237 (46%)

<u>Overall</u>
This is more how I want my diet to be. Less carbs and more protein. I need to get some rice instead of the baked potato (don't really like baked potato).

DaveV 06-03-2008 03:21 PM

Yesterday (man was I stressed out... ended up punching a hole in my bedroom wall)

<u>Meals</u>
Meal #1 - 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups of white rice (no brown here at the time)

Meal #2 - 1.5 cups of brown rice, 4.5 ounces of chicken breast, some onions and little bit of scrambled eggs and peas. Made my homemade chicken fried rice.

Meal #3 - half a frozen pizza

cal- 1492
fat- 24g (15%)
carb- 193g (52%)
prot- 114g (32%)

No workouts. I was really frustrated and hating myself and felt like just giving up. On working and out and having a life all together. Today has been a little better but I'm just not in the right frame of mind.

DaveV 06-04-2008 07:38 PM

My diet is slipping because I really don't know what the **** I'm doing at this point. Can't train, found out today I can't afford food. Should I just give up my dreams because of financial reasons? If I do, it will burn at me forever and then it will be too late.

<u>Meals</u>

#1- 1.5 cup of brown rice, 2.5 ounce chicken breast

#2- 2 scoops whey

#3- 0.75 cup of brown rice, 2 ounce of chicken, can of cola

#4- 3 scrambled eggs

MorThanAConqeror 06-04-2008 10:40 PM

Hey you know what might be a good Idea. You could do an mma style of training you do not need much equipment for this and it would burn alot of calories. I will try and find some routines on the internet of what I am talking about. All you need is maybe a punching bag and if you could get a friend to grapple with. This would help you loose weight and feel better. And you don't need to much equipment. Your on my heart man and I will be praying for you. Good Luck

DaveV 06-05-2008 01:22 PM

Thanks Mor. I'm trying to find a way to work it out that I can get a gym membership and also afford food (food being the most expensive). My family really hates me for trying to get in shape. It's the weirdest thing. They don't even want me to try and get fit.

If I devoted every penny I have to bodybuilding I could probably make it work. But then I would have to wear rags for clothes and not have any extra money to rent movies or anything. It's a really tough choice.

MorThanAConqeror 06-05-2008 04:55 PM

I was just talking to a kid today. He is literally the skinnest kid ever. 6'3 120lb. and he is going out for football. He is training with the team at a sports performance program. He has no form and in some cases is making us work more because he cant do the stuff. I know this is not the same case with you but everybody has to start somewhere. I am sure most of the people on here were skinny kids with nothing to do. Just keep working because no one can take your willingness to get better. This is why an mma style might help you. You can put all this emotion an aggression into the punching bag. Dont worry if people think you cant cause no one thought honestly including myself I would be where I am today. Not saying I am THE GREATEST but hard work can overcome anything.good luck man

Nathan 06-06-2008 10:42 PM

Don't give up just yet my friend... there are plenty of folks here that I'm sure have plenty of suggestions for you in order to do this on a budget.

If food is your biggest problem you might want to look for the cheapest sources of protein you can get your hands on. For example: 1 cup of dry pinto beans has about 30g of protein and costs about 17 cents!! Granted you'd also be looking at about 480 calories... part of the problem is that you simply can't afford enough food to keep the motor going... then they could really be killing two birds with one stone (sorry for the analogy for all you bird lovers). What I did for a while was just mash em' up (so they're almost like flavourless mashed potatoes) and then add just a smidge of ketchup (or whatever condiment you like). If you want other cheap food/protein ideas just let me know bud and I'd be happy to try to help you out some more

If you want to save even more money then you might want to try and hunt down equipment at garage sales as opposed to going to a gym...

There are plenty of ways to get bigger (or smaller as the case may be) while on a budget my friend... don't give up!!

DaveV 06-07-2008 11:45 PM

I went on a nature hike and kinda bonded with my parents today. I think they are starting to come around with me wanting to be healthier and bodybuild. They may kick in for some extra food. My dad bought me turkey and eggs today (as well as the newest issue of Muscular Development).

<u>Meals</u>

#1- 1 scoop whey w/water, banana

#2- 1 cup turkey breast on whole wheat bread

#3- 4oz grilled steak, 3 scrambled eggs, 2 cups of shredded cabbage

#4- italian sausage on bun, hotdog on bun (didn't want this but since we had a bbq and we were getting along so well i didn't want to say anything)

#5 - 2 scoops whey w/ water

cal- 1721
fat- 78 (41%)
carb- 84 (18%)
prot- 173 (41%)

<u>Training</u>
1 hour nature hike