ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Psychology of Bodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   motivation? (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88528)

body 03-28-2008 09:16 AM

motivation?

I have a friend who used to workout with me all the time, now he has gotten lazy. I try to convince him to go to the gym with me all the time, but he refuses. What are some motivational techniques that everyone uses and can you give me a few, so I can help my friend out. Thank you in advance.

Chanceski23 03-28-2008 11:08 AM

Re: motivation?

I'm in the same boat, my bro used to lift with me and now he decided that he's never going back. I'll offer him to go lift every now and then, but it's not like I can make him go. It's really just his decision to do that.

phillip 03-29-2008 04:16 AM

Try to find some realy bad pic or video and remind them why it pays to be healthy and fit

ZachE84 03-30-2008 12:35 AM

Yeah, this is a really hard thing to do. It's like someone quitting smoking - you can't get them to quit, when they're ready they'll quit on their own.

My best advise is every now and then throw hints around them like how much you lifted, how much you've grown, etc. Keep it positive and under the radar - reverse psychology!

daver 04-01-2008 03:47 AM

agreed with zachE. he'll see ur improvement and maybe want to start up again, and he realize all of what he missed

klosey 04-22-2008 12:50 PM

er id say leave them and dont continue trying to convince them. its like when you were a kid when told not to touch something you would, similar thing. if at moment they arent interested then you asking them to train again and again may push them further away from training. let them watch as you improve. if they enjoyed it the first time round they will start up again eventually. if not then it isnt what they should be doing.

andresono 06-13-2008 03:31 AM

mmm this is my technique, never tend to fail: smoke marihuana before working up.... then turn the ipod on with good stuff, then everything makes more easier... I focus only on myself, the exercise im doing and the right technique... i dont care about the others... just me and healthy effort.. do it quickly and fast... less than 1 hour... explosive... just focus on your exercise.. and time will pass quickly

majinbijiita 06-17-2008 03:59 PM

LOL, I wouldn't necessarily take andresono's advice on this one...

And I like the reverse psychology thing, that works much better than telling someone they need to do this or that. No one likes being nagged.

And no one is gonna do something they don't want to, if they don't have to.

klosey 06-18-2008 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mmm this is my technique, never tend to fail: smoke marihuana before working up.... then turn the ipod on with good stuff, then everything makes more easier... I focus only on myself, the exercise im doing and the right technique... i dont care about the others... just me and healthy effort.. do it quickly and fast... less than 1 hour... explosive... just focus on your exercise.. and time will pass quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

healthy effort steroids are healthier than that (!@#$%^&*), and that is a fact before you get on the cannabis is good train, no its not good it destroys cells in the brain which control rationallity, then its effects become weaker which is why over 80% of users end up on or 'trying' something harder.

Commander 06-18-2008 01:46 PM

How is marijuana supposed to motivate his friend?