ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Psychology of Bodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The post-workout high! --> can it be controlled / increased?? (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87956)

NJI 01-27-2008 01:11 AM

The post-workout high! --> can it be controlled / increased??

Who here experiences the post-workout high?!

I definitely do! Especially after a grueling leg, back, or shock workout. I leave the gym completely content with everything in my life. My car could've been destroyed while I was in the gym and it wouldn't bother me. Nothing gets on my nerves, I can handle anything! It's almost as if I had been somehow enlightened in the gym!

What contributes to this?

Can this effect be maximized or controlled?

I have noticed that workouts possessing MASSIVE lactic acid pumps achieve this feeling much more than workouts that have less! Supersets, drop sets, shocking techniques only increase this feeling even more for me!!

RawIron 01-27-2008 01:30 AM

Re: The post-workout high! --> can it be controlled / increased??

I noticed that even a subpar workout gives me this feeling too and it feels like I had the best workout ever.

layla17 01-28-2008 04:16 PM

I've noticed the same thing RawIron. Even when I have a not so good workout, I still see my high nearly everyday.

joneser3eb 01-28-2008 04:53 PM

yeah I get that too usually last about an hour. I love the feeling but usually after the pump goes away so does the high

amino 01-28-2008 08:10 PM

I get it too. I think itís got something to do with the intense focus that we utilize in our routines. Mentally training ourselves to shut other thought processes down. You want that feeling and control all the time? Look into Transcendental Meditation studies.

majinbijiita 01-30-2008 11:02 AM

Endorphine Rush.

Yes, it can be controlled.

It's called Heroin... =P

(I actually just recently got sober from H myself.)

spad87 03-05-2008 09:28 PM

It is all endorphins and adrenaline. There is no way to control how long it lasts though.

MJR 03-06-2008 06:40 AM

On days I don't workout, I am usually really dull and just not as fun to be around. On days I workout, I feel energized and great. That's why I only take one day off simply because I FEEL so much better all day.

ZachE84 03-26-2008 02:47 AM

I'm high as a kite after any workout! Until I wake up, then i'm crappy, til I get to the gym late-afternoon [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fightbackhxc21 03-26-2008 07:14 PM

exactlery brain releases endorphins giveing you a temporary small high for about 90 minutes.