ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Psychology of Bodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bummed Out (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86668)

Jeremy Garcia 08-25-2007 12:09 AM

Bummed Out

Whats up everybody on ABC.. I just wanted to say that I been using this website for my 3 years of bodybuilding and I love it.. Now to the point.. My training partner recently started taking "GEAR" (Roids) and I was cool with it.. I told him I respect his eagerness to excell in bodybuilding and wished him the best, but it aint my cup of tea to go that way.. I feel that at my age, 20, I have a lot more ahead of me rather than him, hes 30.. Today he was telling me about this kid that used to come to my gym and how he started a cycle about 3 weeks ago and is HUGE.. Imma pretty big kid myself and he told me that he was bigger than me.. Im in the process of a cut right now and it bummed me out that he said that cause it made me feel that my progress is going to waste.. I feel and look better than I did at the start of the summer.. (Went down from about 230 and weigh 210) I felt like offended sort of that so many of the ppl around me are going the way of the roid and Im here bustin my behind to maintain and stay on top of what I have.. The other kid is 19.. I wanted to know how should I situate myself out of feeling so bummed and get my head back on track.. I wanted to break out in to NATURAL competitive bodybuilding.. Some of the guys I know say that u need to take roids in order to get that "EDGE" on your competitors.. I think other wise.. Some feed back would be greatly appreciated ppl..

Adam Knowlden 08-25-2007 01:34 AM

Re: Bummed Out

Hey bro, you made the right choice. First of all, if a 19 year old is taking steroids that is just plain stupid. There's no other way to state it. If your partner is advocating a 19 year old taking steroids as even remotely positive I would immediately disregard anything that came out of his mouth. I wouldn't even give his opinions a second thought.

I think you should distance yourself from this guy. If he doesn't get the hint, just be blunt and tell him you don't agree with his choice and would prefer to be left alone. Remember steroids are a drug. People can say what they want, but they are drugs. There is peer pressure in our sport to do these drugs just like any other drug. The more you hang around these types of people the more likely you are to want to "fit in" to their mold and be tempted to take them. Use the same tactics you would if someone offered you dope. Say no thanks and distance yourself. I reiterate if a 30 year old man is trying to pressure you to take steroids by making some lame comment like that he is a loser.

Also, we need to work on establishing intrinsically motivating goals for you. I'll post on that soon.

Rhineheart 08-25-2007 01:57 AM

People who take Steroids are weak. Just be consciousof the fact that no matter how strong the roidheads around you are, you'll always be stronger because you didn't cheat.

Jeremy Garcia 08-25-2007 05:17 AM

Thanx all for the support man. I'll take it all into consideration for my future in bodybuilding..

Opmxx 09-14-2007 06:35 PM

Rhineheart just because a person takes steroids it makes them weak. People take steroids to reach there goals quicker or to get past there "prime" if there natural. But Jeremy lol same name as mine taking steroids at your age would'nt be such a great idea and don't listen to those guys, there just going to easy route to get there goals. Preferably i'd be busting my @$$ off and get what i deserve. Keep lifting bro.

Dzoni 09-14-2007 10:59 PM

Roids are a personal choice. So if someone is pushing it on you (or even advising you to do it) is straight away taking "your decision" and scrapping it.

At 19, there is absolutely no need. Your natural testosterone levels are already high enough to give you real good results.

Opmxxx, there are two kind of steroid users. Those who wish to achieve something more then what their natural genetics can provide them. And, those people who abuse the drug just so they can talk about it and feel like they're above average. Remember, your favorite pro, is on steroids. Consider him/her weak?

klosey 09-19-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who take Steroids are weak. Just be consciousof the fact that no matter how strong the roidheads around you are, you'll always be stronger because you didn't cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

ronney coleman, schwarzenegger just to name a few took or take steroids. are they weak? i dont personally believe coleman could have got his size or extreme strength without, as for cheating why? if legal and safe would that be cheating? is taking supplements cheating?

DirtbagDan 09-20-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who take Steroids are weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rediculous comment, and shows a complete lack of understanding on your end. I'm not even going to bother to refute what you said.

krayziefresh 10-12-2007 03:12 AM

Haha... I just read this. Lemme tell ya something,

My workout partner did the same thing. Wanted to get to be my size, so him and his friends.. They started "juicing". The result? 2 months of strength!! GRRRRR!!!... Not to mention acne, bad character, smelly and degeneration of health. That was last summer. After his cycles he stopped training, like most young guys who Juice. Now I'm training alone and lost a workout partner. They wanna get big quick and be on top of the game. It takes years, some people are so stupid! Now, hes fat. He stopped training and his natural testosterone has probably decreased. He also wasted about 1000 dollars... I on the other hand, I never juiced it, i've been training for years and I feel like 1 million bucks every day I come out of the gym. Every winter, I look forward to taking on that Mass that im adding on... Every spring I dread the cut LOL But you know what, I feel good about it.. Because You don't have to try to cheat the game, it will bite you in the (!@#$%^&*)- give ur body the respect it deserves and do it natually and I guarentee you, your friend who is juicing it, take a look at him 1 year from now and I guarentee you he pissed it down the toilet... %95 of the inexperienced always do. Train Hard! Eat Lots!